Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg 01/W Lead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlipKnoTCraig133

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Korg 01/W Lead Reply with quote

I really like this lead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUrosfQrvuE

I know it's a preset in the 01/W, so I was wondering if there were any 01/W users out there who would be willing to post the pcg on this forum so both I and others could look at it through a korg 01/w editor and copy the settings. I know that the wave form used is a sync, so I know it can be done. Thank you Very Happy
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

With the increased interest in the O1W.., (I have two persons I know looking hard....), in Any form, this is just up my alley!!!!!!!!!!

This is just EYE OPENING!!!

One of the best in a LOOOOOONG time to me!! Anyone who hasen't watched it..., REALLY needs to!!!

John..(ellll)
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By The way...I guess this is the voice: "Alan's Run"....??

John (ellll)
SlipKnoTCraig133

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think I found a way to load all the 01/w presets through an editor called changeit, so I can look at them and remake them on the TR. So you like that sound too. Do you play metal as well?
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellll wrote:
By The way...I guess this is the voice: "Alan's Run"....??

John (ellll)

You'll probably also find this sound (or clones)in the 05R/X5/X5D/N364/N5/X3 etc anything synth/module that resides with the Ai2 synthesis badge,after the 01W will include this.Infact the N1/N5/N1R seem to have the largest sound collection,a kind of best of compilation since the M1

The 01W is one of those well kept keyboard secrets,I don't think it ever made an impact at the time because it was still living under the shadow of the M1 during its production run,infact the only thing it probably seemed to have over the M1 was the larger sequencer,soundwise It didn't seem to offer anything really innovative over the M1,(Unless you dug into the editing more in which case,it was very powerful)

I gigged with mine for well over 9 years and still have it in superb condition,almost 15 years on after buying it(except the Backlight has started to dim and I can't be bothered to repair it) its got some very useful sounds that still stand up to todays standards and I still use it for some filler sounds on recent works infact I recently got hold of a second unit,the Rack version(01R/W),from a friend I got it SO cheap,that the price of a new backlight for the keyboard would have been more costly Laughing

I still know people who giG with them on a regular basis,because of the build quality and the useable sounds but they seem to be changing hands for almost next to nothing nowadays,but Recently seem to be making something of a comeback due to more people realising their hidden potential.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Answer

Many Thanks!

John
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Program B 98 MonoLead 2... could be A98 MonoLead 1 but after messing around w/ mine, B98 responds more like how it sounds in that video. BTW i'd be happy to include this one in my little 01/W ---> Triton project if you like. 01/Wfd predates PCG format so no PCG available Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: