Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

does the arp export as midi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim_L

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: does the arp export as midi? Reply with quote

Not that i'm anywhere near to getting Sibelius to see the X50 yet but I was wondering if the arp sounds are 'exported' out as midi like the 'normal' sounds are?
BONES

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this thread, about a dozen below this one [if yo uhad bothered to look first].
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37102&start=15
Jim_L

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have been more specific in my question.

Has anyone 'exported' (or whatever the proper terminology would be in this situation) a sound patch's ARP sound into either Sibelius or Finale and had the program create notation of the ARP pattern? Does the ARP 'exit' the synth through the USB output as specific instrument midi info?

I'm not looking to record the arp onto a track (yet) and don't use a computer to record music on so sadly Cubase (and other unknown computer recording software) info is of no use to me in this situation.
Bigs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're trying to do exactly the same; getting the Micro X to send actual arpeggiator notes over MIDI. The instructions are in the thread mentioned by BONES.
pagliacci

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exporting the arpeggios is not possible as far as I can determine. But capturing via raw MIDI output is effective. A very simple regular MIDI cable from the X50 MIDI out to your DAW input will suffice. The X50 WILL NOT allow you to record raw MIDI from it's VST plugin.

But a regular MIDI cable to a MIDI interface connected to a DAW (like Cubase) should work well. And you say "Aw, you're one of 'those' Cubase freaks." Well, I can tell you Cubase has better after-capture tools than any other DAW for massaging the MIDI files you've captured.

For example connect as outlined... put your DAW channel in record for the incoming X50 raw MIDI output... pick a cool PROG patch... hit the AUDITION button. Record the re-occurring pattern before the beginning and after the repeat. Change the MIDI track to Time-based Linear instead of Musical. Adjust the Tempo so the bar markers lineup with the prolation of the melody. Reproduce to taste...

The same will work for arpeggios. You physically play and capture (via record) a rendition using the pre-programmed settings for a Combo. You then go to MIDI|Dissolve Part to divide up the captured result into "Separate Channels".

This should show how you can take advantage of bits and pieces of MIDI that might come in handy for composition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: