Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Probably a stupid question of sorts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozzmet88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Probably a stupid question of sorts Reply with quote

Hey, I'm looking to get a microkorg (I've been eyeing them for a while) but I am curious as to whether or not I might be able to run the sound through my home theater speakers. This is probably a stupid question but I'd like to make sure before I buy one so that if not I can grab some monitors with it. Thanks.
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a stupid question.

Your home stereo system should have some kind of audio inputs. I imagine they are RCAs...maybe a few of them for all the different devices you might have connected. Old school ones had Phono, Tape, Tuner etc.. more modern ones just say Audio 1, 2 and such.

The MicroKorg uses 1/4 inch cables and you will need to find out what kind of inputs you have on the stereo system. Most likely RCAs and that will need an adapter. 1/4 inch males on one side and RCA males on the other. There will be sone kind of 'source or input' button on your stereo. Pick the one that the MicroKorg is plugged into to hear it.

consult the stereo manual for more info about it.

The MicroKorg does NOT have a sequencer so I hope you are not trying to buy it alone to make whole songs. It also doesn't do several sounds at once. "Multitimbral" is the term. So even if you used another sequencer and hooked it up, you cant get bass AND a Pad AND drumsounds (it doesn't have any drum kits either) all going at once. just so you know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. Thanks for the detailed reply. I realize these things about the microkorg and thats fine, I'm sure my setup will eventually grow to incorporate these things as I'd imagine it could be an addiction of sorts. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: