Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias Editor and Driver Problems with iMac 24"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnkorg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Radias Editor and Driver Problems with iMac 24" Reply with quote

Been using the editor with Windows laptop that i no longer use.

My Korg Oasys midi out goes to my Motif XS88 (In) and then(thru) to the Radias (In) then (thru) to the TC Helicon Voicelive2 (In) and then (thru) to the iMac 24 (In).

So I connected the Radias to my iMac via USB.
Loaded the Radias USB Driver and verified that the driver is loaded in the apple "Audio Midi Setup" app.
When I press a key on the Oasys, it shows up on the Radias Driver as well as the Uno Driver that used in conjunction with my Logic Pro 9.
And when I press a key on the Radias it shows up on the Radias USB driver.

So I know the keystrokes are going both ways and the Radias Driver is atleast seeing keys in both direction.

Problem is with the Radias Editor (Version 1.0.0).
First of all after I set up the Midi in an Midi out and Note In to the Radias Out, Radias In and Uno out and then save the file. When I exit and reenter the Editor, it reverts to the default state of nothing set!!!!

I cannot read or write data from the Radias.
Keep getting Device Inquiry Timeout messages and Device Inquiry Errors.

I am having a very hard time believing Korg would leave the mac version of the Editor in this sorry state. So i gather i must be doing something wrong.

I made the Global parameter changes on the Radias like the manual says.....

Anyone else having similiar problems?

Another crazy artifact is that if I have Logic 9 up and running before starting the Editor, the Editor crashes!

Yes I have tried to delete and reinstall the Editor and the Driver.
iMac 24"-Logic9 Pro,Behringer X32,Roland VS2480CD,Korg Oasys88,Korg Radias, Yamaha Motif XS8, Roland Integra 7,Roland XP80,Roland VPro Session,Fender USA Strat, Gibson Les Paul USA Studio, Ovation Custom,Fender Jazzmaster Base,Roland GT6, Line6 PodXt Live. TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Marshall JVM 410H 1960CABS. Fender Princeton Chorus.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIDI IN should be set to RADIAS KBD/KNOB
MIDI OUT should be set to RADIAS SOUND
These two ports connect to the internal sound engine. The other ports effectively allow you to use the Radias as a USB MIDI interface for your PC - quite handy.

Note IN should be set to wherever your notes you play on your keyboard come from in to - either your UNO IN or your RADIAS MIDI IN should do. It's not entirely necessary, but allows you to enter notes for example into the step sequencer when programming in the editor.

It is best to use the USB internal MIDI ports on the Radias because they are literally 10x faster than anything over conventional MIDI - you'll find patch transfers are terribly slow over anything that involves a normal MIDI 5-pin DIN connection.

Also note that if your Radias is using the latest OS 2.0, then the sound editor (V2.0.0) that supports all of those extra features (extra Virtual Patch destinations, mostly), is packaged with the download for the OS update. The one on the CD or that you can download on its own from Korg tends to be the old v1.0 editor and should not be used with a OS2.0 Radias.

Works perfectly fine for me on my 13" white (2008) macbook, both on Snow Leopard (10.6.Cool and previously on Leopard (10.5.6).
Hope this helps.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: