Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

busted esx. help (or schematics) needed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtannala

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: busted esx. help (or schematics) needed Reply with quote

copy-paste from electribe forums:

------8<-------
Hi all,
I bought a second hand esx and just as I started to get used to it, it decided not to boot... Only thing it does is that the backlight of the display lights up and pad 16 starts blinking. I already checked that the fuse is ok, so thats not it. I tried to hunt down the problem but schematics of the thing would be of really big use with that.. I noticed you had the EMX service manual here. Any idea of the differences of ESX & EMX? I would assume they are pretty much similar and the differences are mostly in the software. If someone has an idea of the problem or has the schematics, do post.. Any help is appreciated.
I've changed the tubes to new ones if that gives any clues to someone. Though this happened way after that and there is no damage to the components in those parts.

I assume the blinking pad #16 (card) should tell me something but even the EMX service manual doesnt mention anything about that. (The card and the reader are fine)
------8<-------

any ideas?
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already told you that the boxes are almost identical. The only true difference is the face board with knobs. There is only one difference on the main board between the emx and esx. It's some form of a soldered jumper.

Other then that they are the same.

http://myspace.com/audioruso
rtannala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso wrote:
I already told you...

Yup.. Thanks for that.. Just checking if there is someone who has had the same problem and solved it. Would ease the case quite a bit.
plosive

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso = douche.
Yatmandu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by douche you mean someone who has great knowledge of electronic music making and the 'tribes and regularly helps out the community on a regular basis with articles, replies, tips, helpful comments, then yeah I'd have to agree... Rolling Eyes
plosive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean, a guy comes looking for help because he's got a busted esx and he gives him attitude because he happend to reply to the guys post on another forum. this isn't ruso's personal stomping ground, no need for him to be a lame twat. if he doesnt want to repeat himself he can choose not to respond at all.

that's what i meant by douche and i don't think it needed clearing up.
soundklinik33

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plosive wrote:
i mean, a guy comes looking for help because he's got a busted esx and he gives him attitude because he happend to reply to the guys post on another forum. this isn't ruso's personal stomping ground, no need for him to be a lame twat. if he doesnt want to repeat himself he can choose not to respond at all.

This is what turns me off of forums and i am not speaking about anyone in particular.
These types of answers make me think twice if I want to post a question, to get chewed up by some frustrated smart-ass...
The fist-down iron truths, intelectual competitions... Rolling Eyes
I am sorry I wasn't born rich, beautifull, talented, inteligent... Embarassed
Then I wouldn't be here Smile
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, no need to get into name calling. Ruso might have been a bit insensitive in his reply, but you don't need to descend further. These text forums tend to hide the full intent of the writers. A little more leeway is appropriate for both writers and readers. Ruso did give a legitmate answer to the question, and someone with ill intent wouldn't do that. Regardless, I hope the OP finds a way to fix his ESX. It might be good to look for another broken ESX on ebay that can be parted out to get one working one out of the two.
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plosive wrote:
Ruso = douche.

plosive = 12

The whole idea was to get him thinking. It wasn't meant to come out in any negative way and depending on how you read it, it either does or doesn't and I realized that when I posted it. The point is that I told him the answer before and he continued to ask the same question elsewhere Wink. I don't really care I just felt like picking at the guy, no harm.

Calling me a douche on the other hand is negative and calling someone a douche in general is stupid. If you want to get all literal, which I kind of do, being a douche is being an object that can help someone in great need ( Laughing ), however in your case, you mean to do a homosexual reference, in this case I'd hate to share but at one point I had a boyfriend and was bi-sexual. Granted I am not any more and in a very steady relationship with my beautiful girlfriend, the point stands. You might seem like a bigger jack ass then you think going around calling people names.

That's like telling someone "hey I f***ed your mom" (like a lot of 12 year olds do), and the person's mom being dead. Or better yet, their mom being raped which resulted in them being born. f***ed up, no?

Anyways, just saying dude, careful how you throw your words around. Especially to nice people like me. If you were to meet me in real life (in fact even on here, if you were actually here long enough to read my stuff) you'd know that I'm one of the nicest people.

On that note, time to go to work.

-peace

Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundklinik33 wrote:
plosive wrote:

This is what turns me off of forums and i am not speaking about anyone in particular.
These types of answers make me think twice if I want to post a question, to get chewed up by some frustrated smart-ass...
The fist-down iron truths, intelectual competitions... Rolling Eyes
I am sorry I wasn't born rich, beautifull, talented, inteligent... Embarassed
Then I wouldn't be here Smile

Not even gonna start on that. It has nothing to do about status, money, knowledge or anything else selfish for that matter. The point is an answered question was asked and my response's meaning was "hey dude what are you doing I just told you the answer" and went on to clarify what I meant by my previous answer.

Now as for asking questions, no question is stupid enough to be asked... however most questions can be answered on forums in less then one minute without having to post is. Also most question you can think of to ask has already been answered(applies to any standard function in life).

My goal is to simply make people that are new realize that. I think we'd all much rather get through the basics of these boxes, or music in general, and as a community push them to their limits. If you feel like a repetitive question needs to be asked, then do so, I'll gladly answer it, with a semi-gentle nudge on the soulder saying "yo dude, next time just search, it's easy"

no harm.

soundklinik33

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: my sincere apologies...Ruso Reply with quote

RUSO, you are one of my favourite people on this forum and I would like to clarify that. Very Happy
YOU helped me the most and were allways one of the most curtious people here.
Your tutorials man, I could not have thanked you enough , every time i experimented with your tutorials....that you spend a lot of time and effort on, to help noobs like me Smile

What I was really and trully refering to, was the (sometimes) attitude on the forum, that makes it a sort of an unpleasant place to ask a question, so someone don't jump on you and and take you by the neck and stick your head into the manual, rubbing your nose in on the appropriate page saying: there and don't ask again!!!
BTW, I think there were some really stupid questions, that got answered with humor and intelligence, that had more effect then a rude response... Wink

Anyway, I wish you a good day at work.
PS.English is not my mother tongue and sometimes what I write is not what I exactly wanted to say..
If you didn't live 5000 km away I'd invite you for a glass of some good french wine, or a beer...Peace my friend Smile
rtannala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ok now...

The reason the question was posted here again was that I got the schematics, went through the components and found none broken. I thanked for the schematics, moved on and thought that maybe someone ELSE in a different forum (as electribe forums seems quite dead) had propably solved the problem before and could give a hint.
As the first answer was in the lines of "search the forums or call korg", the second "I told you already" was pretty pointless if it was supposed to 'make me think' as it should be default to read the manual, google, search the forums, google some more before posting. I know my way around music gear and done my fair share with those (whoa! and still couldnt fix it), but of course you can't see from the first post how "noob" I am, it was just an assumption. I dont think there is any harm done. It's always like this at forums. Believe me, I don't lose my sleep because of people on the internet.. I've lived quite a happy and full life after this and yes, I have a girlfriend too!

Peace, love and all that s**t <3

Back to the subject, the ESX isn't living so full life ATM. All the currents are there so the problem seems digital. Might be the CPU or the memory. Which means I'm pretty much screwed.
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no dude I wasn't saying anything about your post, or your question I was merely complaining about being called a deuche Wink

Also what I told you was to search for the schematics on electribe-forum because I was running late to work and had no time to give a direct link for the post Wink

peace.

rtannala

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preparing my next live with a laptop ATM... Boo-hoo... Sad
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a hold of me on aim (Dmitri Serge Jr) I'll send you some cool stuff for ableton to make your life easier and I'll send you my method of making kaoss pad 3 type effects inside ableton with either a kaoss pad 1/2 or something with an xy pad on it (or I guess a joy stick)...

peace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: