Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias III by Mauri Italy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mgmaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Radias III by Mauri Italy Reply with quote

Hi everybody!
What do you think about my Radias III ?
I'm testing it and I'm getting interesting results.

slammah2012

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks nice....
Which unit is the Master???
Which Radias gets the 9 pin miniDIN ???
are you running more than 4 Channels of Multitimbraelity?

Did you "Y" your mic set or are you running multiple mics to accomodate both Vocoders???
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
Mgmaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first unit is the master and control by midi the second and by midi thru the third 3 unit , the master as the clock set in internal the second and third are set in midi , is possible have all unit perfectly syncronized
with 12 multitimbral with intresting result in the future I send some sample audio.

the first keyboard control all radias the second keyboard control only one (the second you see in the new picture)
[img][/img]
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some Radias power! Can only imagine all the motion sequencing, timbres and drums you can have going all at once.

You have a Trinity too! Very Happy
gdh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to post some demo's for us to hear!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More isn't better. I'd much rather have three different synths instead of three of a kind. In a single studio, three of the same is huge bunder, since you can always lay additional tracks with the same synth, completely eliminating any benefit of having more than one.

A Radias + EMX + ESX + KP3 is a far more powerful combination than 3 Radias, and at a fraction of the price too.
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The visual effect is amazing. I think if one is into the step sequencers, having more than one makes sense. Personally I love Radias' arpegiated synth lines layerd on one of its awesome drumkits. Post some mp3's ok?

cheers

sewa
slammah2012

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
More isn't better. I'd much rather have three different synths instead of three of a kind. In a single studio, three of the same is huge bunder, since you can always lay additional tracks with the same synth, completely eliminating any benefit of having more than one.

A Radias + EMX + ESX + KP3 is a far more powerful combination than 3 Radias, and at a fraction of the price too.

It all depends how it is used ....

If you have one sequencer running through the Envelope follower of the second synths sequencer at a lower sync ratio, you could create uniqe patterns not capable with one unit....using a third radias playing a pad having the former 2 source fed back through the 3rds vocoder input would add an extra depth to the sound also unachievable on one system......
Again, it isnt so much "how much you have, .....as it is how you will use it"....
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
ProfessorShred

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Radias III by Mauri Italy Reply with quote

Mgmaster wrote:
Hi everybody!

Mgmaster... that is an awesome setup,think I will get another radias m for my keyboaard controller
Varand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Radias III by Mauri Italy Reply with quote

Mgmaster wrote:
Hi everybody!

Very interesting setup, could you please talk about how you connected them physically, I'm looking to hookup my MS2000 rack to my radias but fitting them on the chassis, is my issue and the midi connection. If you can please post pictures of the physical connections.

Thank you
KORGR3USER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I feel out of place here now. I mean all I have is one R3! Embarassed
Mgmaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Radias III by Mauri Italy Reply with quote

Varand wrote:
Mgmaster wrote:
Hi everybody!

Very interesting setup, could you please talk about how you connected them physically, I'm looking to hookup my MS2000 rack to my radias but fitting them on the chassis, is my issue and the midi connection. If you can please post pictures of the physical connections.

Thank you

This is the scheme of my connection, with a new photo hi all
Varand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about the physical chassis mounting? any tips, hints or pics?
slammah2012

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Radias III by Mauri Italy Reply with quote

Mgmaster wrote:
Varand wrote:
Mgmaster wrote:
Hi everybody!

Thank you

This is the scheme of my connection, with a new photo hi all

So you don't run outputs into inputs and you are using 2 Radias Keyboards via the 9 pin cable.... with the upper tier running solo into the top RadiasR and the lower Tier running all 3....and using your aux foldbacks to feed the ins of the 3 radias's all in paralell or are you using 6 auxillaries???

How many channels are you using on your mixer inputs? twelve?
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to figure out why it would be worth spending three times the cost of one Radias, when you can lay down just as many tracks with one by simply recording 4 tracks at a time instead of 12. What kind of music can require 12 timbres and 72 poly of VA synthesis at a time? You can get 120+ poly from a rompler/sampler. Wouldn't the money be better spent on a M3+EXB-RADIAS to get virtualized hardware, KARMA, and integrated VA synthesis?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: