Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving and loading sequences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isaac D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Saving and loading sequences Reply with quote

Hi guys...

I'd like to start using my Triton classic as a tone generator, for integration with my Cubase based setup. Basically I'd like to use my Tri Classic the same way I'd use something like a Motif rack... Triggering up to 16 tracks (recieving MIDI from Cubase).

I know that I have to use Sequence mode for this, and I've also disabled Local Control from the global settings (to stop the sound from doubling up). I can save my sequences to floppy (Save All), but I'm having trouble loading them from floppy... They just dont seem to load.. It's always the default sound set (all noisy stabber). The few times that I've actually got it to load, after that my Triton basically wouldn't send MIDI messages out any more, or sound the internal tone generator even with local control enabled.... I dont see why it's so difficult to do this.... I've followed the manual but with no luck...

Is there anyone here that uses the Triton Classic in the way I'd like to? Succesfully? Any help would be appreciated.... I'm getting very frustrated right now....

Cheers.
BruceL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving and loading sequences Reply with quote

Isaac D wrote:
Hi guys...

I'd like to start using my Triton classic as a tone generator, for integration with my Cubase based setup. Basically I'd like to use my Tri Classic the same way I'd use something like a Motif rack... Triggering up to 16 tracks (recieving MIDI from Cubase).

I know that I have to use Sequence mode for this, and I've also disabled Local Control from the global settings (to stop the sound from doubling up). I can save my sequences to floppy (Save All), but I'm having trouble loading them from floppy... They just dont seem to load.. It's always the default sound set (all noisy stabber). The few times that I've actually got it to load, after that my Triton basically wouldn't send MIDI messages out any more, or sound the internal tone generator even with local control enabled.... I dont see why it's so difficult to do this.... I've followed the manual but with no luck...

Is there anyone here that uses the Triton Classic in the way I'd like to? Succesfully? Any help would be appreciated.... I'm getting very frustrated right now....

Cheers.

Try leaving local control on instead...

***Also, cubase maybe sending program change messages to your Triton causing it to change from whatever program you had set for each track in [sequencer mode], you may want to experiment with "midi filter" either globally in [glogal mode] same page where you changed "local control" setting...or,...you could make appropriate user settings for each sequencer track individually in [sequencer mode] midi filter page.
Isaac D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!

I actually worked it out at 2am this morning.. It was program change. I disabled it from global settings and it worked fine. Does anyone know where cubase was sending these messages from?
Vim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check cubase's midi settings page ... there may be something that says reset controllers and program or something similar. try toggling the related switches and see if te triton still misbehaves (or is it Cubase that misbehaves)
ex Marshall Islands
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: