Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here's how to read TS CD-RWs on your PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you mainly use the CD-RW option in the TS for?
I don't use it
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
I use it to read sample discs/other discs
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
I use it to back up my data
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
I use it to master audio CDs with demos
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
I use it to transfer data across to my PC/Mac
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 25

ding

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Here's how to read TS CD-RWs on your PC Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

the internal CD-RW of the Triton Studio is capable of reading both ISO and UDF (Universal disk format) CD-ROMs, but can only write in the UDF format. This poses the question of how to access data written to CD-R(W) on the TS from a PC or Mac. Confused

Here're my experiences from playing around last night, which takes the form of a small tutorial of how to master CDs on the TS and read them on a PC:

1 ) Insert a blank SONY CD-RW into the CDRW1 option of the TS. The TS will immediately recognise this as a BLANK DISC, and you will be able to browse to the disc in FILE.

2 ) However, it is not possible to write to the disc before it has been formatted, so select the Utility tab in FILE, and MAKE SURE the CD is selected in the dropdrown list at the bottom left of the screen. Now, select FORMAT from the page menu.

3 ) You will know that the TS has recognised the disc as a CD-R(W) because the option of whether to format in FAT16 or FAT32 is greyed out, and the format will proceed using the UDF. Click Format and Yes at the confirmation.

4 ) Formatting takes about 20-30 minutes, after which you will be able to copy files to the disc.

5 ) When done, remove the disc, and place it in the drive of your PC (in my case I was running Windows XP). In the standard configuration, you will be able to SEE the files on the UDF disk, but not open or copy them. The latter will cause an error message about the directory or disc being corrupt. This is because Windows cannot by default read UDF discs.

6 ) Instead, you need to download a UDF reader, and I can recommend the Adaptec UDF Reader Driver version 5.1.1.213 which is free and can be downloaded from www.download.com:

http://download.com.com/3000-2100-9497911.html?tag=lst-0-1

7 ) Log in as Administrator (NT/2000/XP) and install the above driver which is really nice in that it doesn't install any programs, it simply renders the system capable of directly reading the UDF formatted discs.

8 ) You will now be able to copy the files from the TS disc to your computer directly by dragging them from the CD-ROM file window.

Have fun, guys Cool

Ding
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanxs for the tutorial Ding. This item was on my hit list. Now there's one item to remove, and about 7 to add Wink
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey if someone chooses the option “ I don’t use it” they need a good smacking. Very Happy

Sharp.
marcus

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

................not even a "good" smacking would that one be worthy of!
..........a "mediocre" smacking at best! .......and possibly a full-fledged
apology to the Technology Gods?!?

just a thought Rolling Eyes ./...sorry

as usual;

marcus

"Emmaus Street"...[would you have recognized him?]
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason for getting the cd drive was to load samples. At the time there was no scsi target mode available on the triton, so it would have meant getting hold of an external drive and scsi card for the PC.

I mainly use the cdr for copying downloaded pcgs and samples from the PC to the TS. Then copy them to the internal HD so I can access them whenever. I have also made backups from the HD to CDR just in case, including sequences. Once loaded to the HD, I really like the fact that I can clear the memory and load different configs in a few seconds, for example the karma triton config, jump back to the TS preload or my own concoctions Smile

Cheers Chordial
jgriggs

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: problem with the listed procuedure Reply with quote

Hello,

I went to the site and downloaded the reader.It installed and I rebooted my computer. Now, I can actually double click on the CD-rom drive without it telling me that there's no CD to read. However, I still can't view files that are on the CD. It claims that nothing is on the CD when I know for a fact that there is something on the Cd. I've been back and forth from my TS to PC. The files show up on the CD on the TS but not on the computer. Is there something i might be doing wrong?

thanks

p.s. - I used a CD-r. Would this make a difference or must i use a cd-rw? thanks
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello jgriggs.

This goes back to a something I said here.

http://www.irishacts.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3699

Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: