Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to customize the scale of a style?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlo74 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. I think MartinKorg is correct. When I am setting the quarter tone only the upper1, upper2, & lower tracks are getting affected and not the style tracks (except the drums and percussion of course). Assyrianpianist, are you sure you are able to do this? If so, then you must have some kind of global setting or something that we need to do.

yeah, you have like 3 options for scales if i remember correctly. You go to the preference menu, and there you can set the scale to upper tracks, lower tracks, or all tracks. If you set it to "all tracks", the quarter tone info will be applied to every thing going on in your style which is very neat.

Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
you have like 3 options for scales if i remember correctly. You go to the preference menu, and there you can set the scale to upper tracks, lower tracks, or all tracks. If you set it to "all tracks", the quarter tone info will be applied to every thing going on in your style which is very neat.

Hi Sam,

Two quick questions, if I may ...

a) When set to "all tracks", then do any style tracks set to Guitar mode play chords with the quarter semitone scales also?

b) Have you found a way of saving the quarter tone scale Preset preference on a style by style basis?

Thanks,
Rob
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
Assyrianpianist wrote:
you have like 3 options for scales if i remember correctly. You go to the preference menu, and there you can set the scale to upper tracks, lower tracks, or all tracks. If you set it to "all tracks", the quarter tone info will be applied to every thing going on in your style which is very neat.

Hi Sam,

Two quick questions, if I may ...

a) When set to "all tracks", then do any style tracks set to Guitar mode play chords with the quarter semitone scales also?

b) Have you found a way of saving the quarter tone scale Preset preference on a style by style basis?

Thanks,
Rob

hi Rob,
Yes. It plays back tracks set to guitar mode with the quarter tone.

I don't know how to save the style with a specific scale though. I tried once but it didnt' work. I'm pretty sure it's possible to save the scale info with a style so that it will bring it up every time you call that style. If anybody knows this, please share.

korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After so many years ,I still can't save scale within STS on my pa800,don't know why....all lockers are open,tried everything....Does someone knows what't the problem?

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: