Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg Legacy with Triton added? Ever?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: New Korg Legacy with Triton added? Ever? Reply with quote

Did any Korg representative at any time or any occasion (Namm or some other show) announce even the possibility of releasing new Korg Legacy with Triton added to previous VST collection (maybe even Extreme version of Triton line)?

Such a product would hit a huge sale numbers, IMO.

I for one would buy it without a second thought.
zvenx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to my knowledge, but I suspect if it were to happen it would happen years after the triton has been discontinued.....
rsp
bobbybland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the problem, just because the triton is still selling old tired hardware models,they as a company shouldn't resist the new style of production.So many of us who own hardware - like motif xs,in my case... I would still pay for a software version of it,if was offered.Same thing goes for the triton vsti,a guy who owns the hardware may still want to buy the software if it was at a reasonable price..And think about the other possible potential buyers.. We at least know the majority of potential buyers would never afford the hardware,but easily would purchase the software.. If it was offered at a reasonable price 250-500 u.s dollars

Eventually a rom maker will step out and do it...

Here's an idea Idea Create a 500 series like api for preamps/etc.did and make modules on a desktop that one could run multiple synths,prices could be around 600 for a small compressed mother board with chips and sounds in it! Or just port it all into software and create the rom/plugins,identical to the hardware...

Resistance is futile at this point..
zvenx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I agree with you.. I too would pay good money for a triton vsti and a motif vsti not to mention a fantom vsti.
The problem though is this are primarily hardware company and I am guessing that they make more profits for hardware products they sell rather than software......

rsp
zvenx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may also be amazed, as I was to find that for instance one of the to my knowledge at least, widely participated in keyboard forum :
hosted by Keyboard magazine, they rarely talk about software synths.... IT is still pretty much a hardware only world for them and many of the employees of roland, korg and yamaha and kurzweil hang out there.

rsp
bobbybland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live giggers,are definitely worthy of hardware,I gig so I say keep the hardware,but as an equal or more softsynths are entering the Live gig arena as well.. People who gig,will always buy hardware,no softsynth changes that feel.No midi controller equals a real board even as we both know controllers are NOT made like they once we're.

I think they are resisting simply for the reason you stated,but they are potentially hurting their sales from a larger prospect.The more they advance in technologies in the computing world,the better profits they will see.Mind you I say this with syncrosoft in mind.They will need a company like that to protect their hardwork on the softsynth side of things..

But just like the idea I mentioned above,they could still sell hardware modules in six pack version etc.. they would see record profits from the 500 series type layout as well,look at what the 500 series did for the sales in highend equipment ported into the project/home studio level aspect in to recording in the last 5-6 years.
Just me thoughts.. time will tell who's got the balls to set the new trend for the future.
Fwiw I love that API ported their op amps/preamps/compressors/eq's into a 500 series,it makes choosing gear a fun thing now for recording!
We need a solution like this for synths now! Cool They can write me a check for giving them an Idea later... Cheers
mjammer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably we Just need to keep exploring the legacy edition digital version and and support the makers of wavestation banks by buying additional banks for the wavestation. That would be much cheeper than buying a new synth.
Let us not be caught in the trap of seeking /paying for other sounds and synths when we have them all in the legacy collection. If you explore the WS and M1, tweak the performances, play around with the figures, switch banks and there will be a lot of sounds to be had and a lot of intersting things will happen.
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: New Korg Legacy with Triton added? Ever? Reply with quote

shrike wrote:
Did any Korg representative at any time or any occasion (Namm or some other show) announce even the possibility of releasing new Korg Legacy with Triton added to previous VST collection (maybe even Extreme version of Triton line)?

Hi

This is not going to happen at this time. Triton has only recently been discontinued so to be true to the meaning of Legacy: "being or having to do with something, esp. something outdated or otherwise undesirable" the Triton doesn't really fall under this description.

Mike

UK Tech Support
zvenx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Mike, but you do realise we are chomping at the bits since the last update or anything new came two years ago in 2007.... I personally would love a Z1 and others have begged for the prophesy.......which by now both should be considered legacy..... and with a name like AE2007, we all thought that this was a sign of great things to come, we were hoping yearly, not decades to come Smile
Many many thanks for the info.
rsp

Last edited by zvenx on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg Legacy with Triton added? Ever? Reply with quote

uktechsupport wrote:
Hi

This is not going to happen at this time. Triton has only recently been discontinued so to be true to the meaning of Legacy: "being or having to do with something, esp. something outdated or otherwise undesirable" the Triton doesn't really fall under this description.

Mike

UK Tech Support

Thanks for the reply Mike.
It's so great to get solid replies like this as it puts the issues to rest.

If only all the OASYS questions where answered like that, things would be so much more relaxed around here.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg Legacy with Triton added? Ever? Reply with quote

Hi Sharp and all...

If I could just make a few points.

Korg understands that users need ongoing development for products for their own ideas and creative process and there are many people in Japan who are working for this goal and we are aware of all comments left on this forum.

The team that do Legacy have just been working on JamVox. If you haven't come across it, it's guitar, amp and effect modelling software with a fantastic guitar extraction process that takes the actual guitar parts from your records. This has been a massive programming achievement for Korg to get this to work and the first of it's kind for us.

We recognise that Legacy users would love to see some of the other classic synths released, I for one would love to see a whole host of products including Triton. I know that keyboard better than I know how to drive my car, so for me I would like this at the top of my wish list. So with the development of Jam Vox, other product concepts are just going to be ideas for now.

On the Oasys matter, I have been reading all the posts regarding updates and development and I can understand the frustrations there with no new versions for a year since 1.31 and no one willing to comment on what is coming.

Korg have always had a policy of never revealing development stages before they are ready to be released. This was more critical in the days of purely hardware-based synths so as to prevent our competitors from getting ahead of us. We are proud that we are the leaders in synth manufacturing with original and fresh ideas on products and we don't want them copied by the other lot..!! This keeps us ahead - so users must respect Korg's decision to keep any development a secret, ideas will be tested and ideas will be rejected, that is the way we work and when anything is complete, it will be released. I can almost sense the fists banging in frustration in some posts and to be honest this attitude is not going to make us go ..'ok here we go, just to make you happy'.

Can I use this post to finally put these matters to bed and ask that forum members please respect Korgs decision to release updates when they are tested and ready, and to formally say that we do listen to forum members and read posts and we do take suggestions on board.

Thanks guys

Mike Molloy
Korg UK Technical Support
zvenx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, but I have to say it. Yes it may come off as a musical snob, but I just watched jamvox demo video.
All I can say is we definitely live in a GarageBand world now.
rsp
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I use this post to finally put these matters to bed and ask that forum members please respect Korgs decision to release updates when they are tested and ready, and to formally say that we do listen to forum members and read posts and we do take suggestions on board.

I totally understand and for closed systems or the likes of the Legacy software I can't see there being a problem accepting what your saying. It's has always been this way, and it does seem to work well for KORG and the end users.

What's going on over at the OASYS section is different though as it's an existing product sold on the model that it's an OPEN system. An open system with no promises or not one single bit of detail as to what your going to sell for the system. That's a lot of blind faith for a keyboard that costs so much.

That said, I honestly believe at this point that if KORG would only throw people a bone they could make all this go away for the remaining life span of the OASYS. Nobody is asking KORG to turn around and tell us that your building an OASYS mark 2 and here's the spec. Peoples needs are much more simple than that at this stage of the OASYS life.

I can honestly say that if KORG did something like confirmed that your working on a Sequencer update for the OASYS and that you listed what's going into it, that alone would release nearly all the steam of frustration and shut people up.

Enough to be able to reinforce the policy of not taking about future developments for the rest of the OASYS lifespan anyway.

Ultimately though, this will be an ongoing problem for KORG for future open ended workstations unless KORG change their policy.

That's my 2 cents anyway from what I see going on, and my years running this forum. Personally I have blind fate in KORG and I can accept what your saying totally. I just think though that the company policy does not work for open systems and that's why the OASYS is not 10 times more popular than it is today.

Regards.
Sharp.
Viv Savage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one would love to see the Triton integrated in the Legacy Suite. That would give me a chance to put my 19" rack to sleep, as the only piece of hardware I stil use is the Triton Rack. The other stuff is on the laptop, and a Hammond, so lugging a 19" rack with you becomes annoying.
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg Legacy with Triton added? Ever? Reply with quote

uktechsupport wrote:
shrike wrote:

Hi

Mike

UK Tech Support

can Trinity be considered Legacy?
or maybe Trinity and Triton VSTi will released in one package someday Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: