Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How are you all enjoying your DS-10?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: How are you all enjoying your DS-10? Reply with quote

Anyone have some impressions to post?
Personally I'm loving mine! Very Happy I do find myself using it connected to external speakers, though, as I get tired pretty quickly from the built-in ones.

Overall I find the program quite exceptional, probably one of the easiest I've ever used.
mindgames

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's pretty great, surprised at how much is packed in. I am begging for an iphone / ipod touch version though, then I would have it with me all the time. Get onto it Korg please Smile
GIJames

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: DS-10 Reply with quote

The DS-10 definitely needs a gameboy cartridge to go with it in slot 2 to connect to the nanoKEY and othe nano products
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just joined the DS-10 Club today myself.

Have to get my own DS though, my Daughter doesn't approve of me using hers and to be honest I don't fancy jamming on a Pink DS anyway Laughing

Regards.
Sharp.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Just joined the DS-10 Club today myself.

Have to get my own DS though, my Daughter doesn't approve of me using hers and to be honest I don't fancy jamming on a Pink DS anyway Laughing

Regards.
Sharp.

Hehe Very Happy I have a silver one that's very cool indeed. I would love, however, to put a Korg sticker to it. I only use it for the DS-10. But when I get some more money I will buy a memory card so I can load some of the other music apps, such as Nitrotracker.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still loving mine! Now I wish DS-10 was a plug-in to work with my Ablton Live w/ full midi assign ability.
Tom_1970

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a DS especial for DS-10 and I didn't regret it for a second.

I thought It would be fun to be able to play around with it when travelling etc.
I never really expected it to be usefull in my studio, but the quality really astonished me (in a positive way).

Sure, it's an instrument with it's limitations, but I learn a lot by finding other 'solutions'. The limitations makes me look in a more creative way to synthesis and it's possibilities.

It even learns me how to look at my other synths in a different way.

Regards

Tom
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom;
I agree 100% on everything you say in your post Very Happy
I never thought the DS-10 could be this inspirational. One of the things that elevates the experience is the DS's touch screen; dragging the patch cables is just so fun, hehe Wink

This may sound like an exagguration to many, but I'd have to say the Korg DS-10 is one of the most inspirational synths I've ever bought (and I've owned a few: Novation Nova, Yamaha cs6x + Motif ES, Korg Triton, Roland V-Synth + some grooveboxes, samplers and softsynths).

There are a couple of negatives by they are BY FAR outweighed by the overall experience. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more stuff from Korg/Aqi! Very Happy
qor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: DS-10 Reply with quote

Yes this is a fantastic voyage for me as well. I'm almost 30 and I've been listening to electronic music since I was in high school in the late 90s. The first track to hook me was Halcyon+On+On by Orbital. Many not in the know might attribute that song to the craptacular movie "Mortal Kombat." But for me it was from an experience much much more. Anyways Orbital, The Orb, FSOL and so forth have permanently locked me into the electronic music movement. But I've never really had the stomach to delve into the creation of said music. That has now all changed. I want to eventually stake my claim in this ever-pulsating, heaving ocean we all call "techno." I believe this small DS cartridge to be the second tab (a 'red pill' if you will) I injest to fully open the gates of perception quantified by electronic music.
ravenking

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: I Love My Korg DS-10 Reply with quote

I just received my Korg DS-10 in the middle of April and I love it! I inserted it in my new Nintendo DSi and the sound is so wonderful. I think I might have received one of the last Korg DS-10?
What I like about it is that you can make the keys run between two stylus in a perfect chord. The beat is so wonderful.
Are there going to more goodies from Korg for DSi or DS? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: