Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another new guy (replacing broken X3 keys)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
High C Double G

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Another new guy (replacing broken X3 keys) Reply with quote

Hi everyone:

Found this place... if I didn't bust a couple of keys on my X3, I would not be here, but I guess I am glad I found you all. The broken keys (don't ask!) are the C# and D an octave above middle C. I am really heartbroken over this. This keyboard has not given me any problems whatsoever in the fifteen years I have owned it, so as a result of a really dumb move on my part the thing is broke. Point is so am I, and I am using this in several projects, so I am really stuck. I could bore you with many more details, but really I need to fix these two keys for "NO MONEY"

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. I have the local repair center on file via a Internet search. I am very handy and not afraid of getting in and doing what it takes to get these keys replaced. The tabs on both keys broke off. I do not know why these little "tabs" have the keys operate with bounce and without them they are drab and inoperative???

I just wonder if a repair is cost effective on a unit that is usable but dated, the sequencer is usable and most of the sounds are workable but not pristine outside of the organs and pads. I have made some patches that sound good after much work. So I ramble... any thoughts? Can I replace these two keys easily?

Thanks!

Michael
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Michael,
Welcome To Korg Forums! Very Happy
So sorry to hear about your board being busted! Sad that must really suck!
I have no experience with Changing keys. I do apologize. But post this question in the correct thread and You will be able to get your question answered much faster.

Good luck mate! Very Happy

puravida
DJ
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.korgparts.com <--- sell spare keys IIRC
High C Double G

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DJ!

I called a service center and it seems that it isn't too bad ($$$) to replace the two keys. It doesn't look too hard to replace them, but there is stuff in the way, so I might have the service center do it. It is time and money. With me doing it I could do it in less than an hour for 1/4 of the money; otherwise the service center might have it for a couple of weeks Shocked

What is the appropriate forum? I did a search for X3 and came up dry. There doesn't seem to be a forum dedicated to the X3. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your quick response,

Michael

PS: Just saw you Daz... Thanks I'll look it up!
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High C Double G wrote:
Thanks DJ!

I called a service center and it seems that it isn't too bad ($$$) to replace the two keys. It doesn't look too hard to replace them, but there is stuff in the way, so I might have the service center do it. It is time and money. With me doing it I could do it in less than an hour for 1/4 of the money; otherwise the service center might have it for a couple of weeks Shocked

What is the appropriate forum? I did a search for X3 and came up dry. There doesn't seem to be a forum dedicated to the X3. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your quick response,

Michael

PS: Just saw you Daz... Thanks I'll look it up!

No problem!
Daz moved your post to the correct place to post it. So hopefully these people will help you out!
In my experience and opinion I would just do it myself. Anybody else is ridiculously priced and usually not that much better than what you could do! What would stop you from doing it yourself if it seems easy?

pruavdia
Dj
High C Double G

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay great I see it now --- Thanks! Very Happy

Michael
High C Double G

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Anybody replace keys in a X5 or X3 before? Reply with quote

Hi:

Has anyone replaced the "ivory's" on one of these synths before? I got about half way in and chickened out. I do not want to do any damage as the service center is cost reasonable. it is more of a time thing than anything else. Sorry so long winded, my nature to be wordy. Also not sure the parts are in stock either.

Thanks!

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: