Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flat Beat...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
travisthered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Flat Beat... Reply with quote

... by Mr Oizo was made mostly on an MS-20.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Gx7wKwqWQ

Does anyone know how to emulate the wobbly sound in this song? The one that is mostly A#A#D#A# A#A#D#A# A#A#D#A# BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try setting the EG Attack to 30 or 40%, and then to turn on and off the effect your looking for, adjust the EG INT at the right moment from 0 to the amount you need.

Regards.
Sharp.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called a wobble bass. It's done by modulating the center point on a lowpass filter with resonance, from low to high, with an LFO for the sustained vibrato wobble or an envelope for an initial wobble. The problem on the DS-10 is that you can't control the phase of the LFO, which is important to get the wobble at the proper point in the cycle, starting at the bottom of a cycle instead of at the 0/mid point.

By using both synth voices you can do it. You use an envelope for the steady note (with the EG making the Wah). On the other voice you use no envelope and use the triangle LFO to do the wobble (wah wah wah).

Even that doesn't really give the full effect because you need to also change the speed of the LFO from slow to faster to increase the wobble rate. I don't know of any way to control that besides turning the LFO knob itself.
travisthered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
It's called a wobble bass. It's done by modulating the center point on a lowpass filter with resonance, from low to high, with an LFO for the sustained vibrato wobble or an envelope for an initial wobble. The problem on the DS-10 is that you can't control the phase of the LFO, which is important to get the wobble at the proper point in the cycle, starting at the bottom of a cycle instead of at the 0/mid point.

By using both synth voices you can do it. You use an envelope for the steady note (with the EG making the Wah). On the other voice you use no envelope and use the triangle LFO to do the wobble (wah wah wah).

Even that doesn't really give the full effect because you need to also change the speed of the LFO from slow to faster to increase the wobble rate. I don't know of any way to control that besides turning the LFO knob itself.

Awesome, This is a great reference.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

travisthered wrote:

If you have an R3, you can download my dubstep wobble bass patch which does this sound.

Here's a youtube tutorial showing how to do a wobble bass in the Native Instruments Massive softsynth. It's worth watching to see how it's done step by step, since you can apply the technique on any virtual analog synth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZYDmw2pYOk&fmt=18

Note at the end of the video, he changes the LFO speed to change the wobble speed. That's the tricky part on the DS-10. On most synths you change the LFO speed with a knob while you're playing, by changing the tempo, for example. That's a bit of a problem on the DS-10 because the LFO speed is set with a softnob inside the patch, or synched to the BPM, both of which are parameters can be recorded so far as I can tell. So tweaking LFO knob manually looks like the only way, but you can't do that at the same time as using the keyboard or kaoss for playing notes.
travisthered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
travisthered wrote:

If you have an R3, you can download my dubstep wobble bass patch which does this sound.

Here's a youtube tutorial showing how to do a wobble bass in the Native Instruments Massive softsynth. It's worth watching to see how it's done step by step, since you can apply the technique on any virtual analog synth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZYDmw2pYOk&fmt=18

Note at the end of the video, he changes the LFO speed to change the wobble speed. That's the tricky part on the DS-10. On most synths you change the LFO speed with a knob while you're playing, by changing the tempo, for example. That's a bit of a problem on the DS-10 because the LFO speed is set with a softnob inside the patch, or synched to the BPM, both of which are parameters can be recorded so far as I can tell. So tweaking LFO knob manually looks like the only way, but you can't do that at the same time as using the keyboard or kaoss for playing notes.

I think i can adjust the mg frq with oneone axis of the kaoss. if i adjust the other axis to be something minor this might work well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: