Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating a new multi-layer Steinway Piano for Pa2x/Pa800
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Andy and Rob. Thanks for the compliments about the Demo and the Birthday wishes. Appreciated Very Happy
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob
Have been busy this week (writing tons of 'C' code) but last night had a go at playing the new Steinway..I ike it very much! Great job...I also need to get a HS-1h.
Sweetwater has one in stock, so today I may get time to run over & pick it up.

There is 3 sounds on the download. Grand Piano RX2, Steinway FF MF, and Steinway FF. Looks like the Steinway FF MF is the best for the PA2.
I also still like the RX2.

Keith, Great demo, thanks for sharing it with us.

I am working on perfecting the song 'Somewhere In Time' and when I get it right, I will post a demo using Rob's new piano, Exp Violin and Rikki's Orchestral Piano style.

Lee
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lee,

Yes i forgot to mention that I saved all my user sounds in USER01 as follows:

GrandPianoRX 2 - These are the mods I did last year to Korg's GrandPiano RX sound, making it more touch sensitive and adding damper resonance. There are no new samples loaded. There is a tutorial article from me on this. Until the Steinway arrived, this was my favourite piano on the Pa2x.

Steinway FF - This is the sound is 34 Mbytes using only Steinway samples recorded FF, so the notes are all very percussive with lots of resonance. The .SET file for the Pa800 only loads these samples.

Steinway FF MF - This sound is the 71 Mbyte layered sound using Steinway samples recorded FF and MF. I also had access to a set of Steinway samples recorded PP but they were too quiet to use in practice. The .SET file for the Pa2x loads this sound and all the samples. I deleted this sound on the Pa800 version of the .SET file because there is not space on a standard Pa800 for all the samples.

I3 Strings RS - This is a version of the Korg I3 strings sound but it is toned down to make it sound smoother to my ears when layered as a PAD with a piano sound. I used to use this with GrandPianoRX 2, but it is not necessary with the Steinway piano because the Steinway samples have a lot of resonance and chorus, and adding more strings just makes the sound very muddy.

Best regards,
Rob
macboy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday Rob and many thanks for this present. I have only 64Mb so will try the short version right away.

You trully are a great guy and do not forget: this for you was an experiment, after this you will be able to make it better for yourself if you like. I am sure people can give you comments for it.

Will try to install it now Smile
umanid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

I once again thank you so very much for working on such a project and then finishing the same with success Smile

However, as informed earlier as well by a member, the links on IA website seem to give an error as quoted below:

Quote:

Error: Your session ID does not match the session ID for this download link. If you are following this link from our site, please report it to the admin.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

Could this be please looked into so that we may be ale to download the set prepared for Pa800?

Kind Regards,

Umair
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi umanid
I'm not sure the problem is on my end any more. When I installed the download system there where configuration issues, but all that's sorted now and all the logs say that everything is working fine. Between the two downloads 90 people have downloaded the Piano.

Can you clear out your temporary internet files / Cookies and try again. You might have something in there from the back when the download system was launched and originally configured wrong.

I also cannot reproduce your problems on my end at this stage.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
macboy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLUTION

The download problem is a very simple problem. The reason why people cannot click on download, is because they entered via a URL and not directly by themselves.

Here is the solution:

1. Go to the URL provided by Rob: http://www.irishacts.com/downloads/index.php?dlid=156

Do NOT click on download !

2. On top of the screen you see: "Home > KORG Arranger Keyboards > KORG Pa2X / Pa800 > SteinwayPa2x"

3. Click on "SteinwayPa2x"

4. Now nothing seems to change, but just click on DOWNLOAD and now it will work Smile

The easiest way of course is just to start from here: http://www.irishacts.com/downloads and not the URL that Rob gave. Then click at Sub-Categories: KORG Pa2X / Pa800 and after that click/choose which Steinway you want and click download.

Hope this helps !
Nor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinway Piano Pa2x

Please, I need the whole Steinway Piano Pa2x samples to be loaded into my Triton Extreme, can you please export it to KCS/KMP/KSF format? I will be thankfull.
The Encyclopedia of Jazz Theory for All Musicians
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor wrote:
Steinway Piano Pa2x

Please, I need the whole Steinway Piano Pa2x samples to be loaded into my Triton Extreme, can you please export it to KCS/KMP/KSF format? I will be thankfull.

Hi Nor,

I didn't know the Pa2x or Pa800 could export sounds in KCS/KMP/KSF format, could you show me how to do it?

Thanks,
Rob
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Professional version available Reply with quote

For those who do not know about this already, I went on to collaborate with Sharp (Irish Acts Recording Studio) to produce a professional version of a Multi-layer Grand Piano. Please listen to the demo recordings of the professional version here:

http://www.irishacts.com/ezypal/index.php?do=catalog&c=korg_triton_%2526_pa_series_libraries&i=irish_grand_piano_%2526_rhodes

Let me know what you think? We are only asking 35 Euros for what amounted to over 200 hours solid work to produce this piano for you.

Thanks,
Rob
Nor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
Nor wrote:
Steinway Piano Pa2x

Hi Nor,

I didn't know the Pa2x or Pa800 could export sounds in KCS/KMP/KSF format, could you show me how to do it?

Thanks,
Rob

Hello Rob! Thanks so much inadvance for your kind help.

Well, I belive that Pa800 and Pa2X export samples to KMP format, and that would be enough for my Triton Extreme. Here's how to do it:

SOUND>RECORD>MENU>EXPORT> choose KMP...

I'm not sure, about the steps above but hope that helps.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nor,

OK I can help you. I have found the original KSC/KMP/KSF sample and multisample files that I worked from. Total size is 20 Mbytes. Too big for email. If you can please set up an FTP upload area somewhere (that I don't have to pay for) then I'll upload them for you.

Best regards,
Rob
Nor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Thanks!!! May you please just use www.rapdishare.de

Host your files with RapidShare.de FOR FREE!
1. Select your file and press upload
2. Receive download-link and share it

You can upload the 20Mb in 5 munites for free then you just email me the link to download it. Here's my email: n b a h h a @ y a h o o . f r (remove the spaces) Wink
Nor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Professional version available Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
For those who do not know about this already, I went on to collaborate with Sharp (Irish Acts Recording Studio) to produce a professional version of a Multi-layer Grand Piano. Please listen to the demo recordings of the professional version here:

http://www.irishacts.com/ezypal/index.php?do=catalog&c=korg_triton_%2526_pa_series_libraries&i=irish_grand_piano_%2526_rhodes

Let me know what you think? We are only asking 35 Euros for what amounted to over 200 hours solid work to produce this piano for you.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob! what a wonderful samples you made man!!! Bravo Very Happy I really wish to buy the samples for 35€ -price seems logic- too bad I only have my Pa800 loading 128Mb. Idea a tweak I made with an engineer in electronics (my grand brother) Idea

If you make a VST of those Piano samples, I might then buy them.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nor,

Here is your download link. This will probably only remain active for a few days. Please let me know when you've got the files? There are three sets of multisamples inside the .ZIP file, one for each layer.

http://rapidshare.de/files/48775303/Steinway__Multisamples_KSC.zip.html

Best regards,
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: