Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M50 61 Key Noob Needs Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saintnowhere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Korg M50 61 Key Noob Needs Help Reply with quote

Good morning all, yesterday I took the plunge and purchased the 61 key M50. So far I've just scratched the surface, but have had a good sucess in navigating around and learning some of the new features. BUT, there are some things I am having an incredibly hard time trying to figure out.

-How do I save a song to the internal memory? I have looked at every menu option and see nothing that will allow me to save my COMBI to internal memory.

-How do I also save my song to an SD Card? Again, when you go into the menus there appear to be options for loading and saving templates, but nothing clearcut to tell me that the song I have created can be saved.

-I bought a foot pedal with this also, but it doesn't appear that it has any effect on the notes. I read in the manual something about a foot pedal menu, but I have looked in every menu I can find and see no option.

Honestly, the manual that it comes with is not very helpful. It seems overly complicated and keeps referring me to the parameters manual, which I downloaded in PDF, but it has not helped me either. Any help you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.
secmast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg M50 61 Key Noob Needs Help Reply with quote

Saintnowhere wrote:
Good morning all, yesterday I took the plunge and purchased the 61 key M50. So far I've just scratched the surface, but have had a good sucess in navigating around and learning some of the new features. BUT, there are some things I am having an incredibly hard time trying to figure out.

-How do I save a song to the internal memory? I have looked at every menu option and see nothing that will allow me to save my COMBI to internal memory.

-How do I also save my song to an SD Card? Again, when you go into the menus there appear to be options for loading and saving templates, but nothing clearcut to tell me that the song I have created can be saved.

-I bought a foot pedal with this also, but it doesn't appear that it has any effect on the notes. I read in the manual something about a foot pedal menu, but I have looked in every menu I can find and see no option.

Honestly, the manual that it comes with is not very helpful. It seems overly complicated and keeps referring me to the parameters manual, which I downloaded in PDF, but it has not helped me either. Any help you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I can find all answer to my question in the manual, and I'm french and the manual is in english.

By the way there is button called media to save your SEQ which can not be saved internally. Which is quiet odd to me but I always have a USB key plugged in.

Fot the foot pedal you have to have a look at the Global settings, P2-Controllers.

Bear in mind there is Foot Switch (on/off switch) Foot pedal (Expression more or less) and Damper pedal connectors.
Choose the right one according to the one you go.
Saintnowhere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that I can save the song from the Media screen, but when I plug the SD card into my PC the only sounds it plays are "bits" and "bloops." I mean by that only certain tracks are coming through. It isn't playing back the entire song as it sounds when I'm playing it. It's like the SD card is only recording parts of the composition and leaving out the rest. Anyone who is experienced at this, I would certainly appreciate some help in understanding what the problem is.
akmon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can´t play SEQ files in the computer. There´s no software it can do that. Perhaps if the Korg M50 is conected through USB, but I´m not sure. Other option is saving as midi file, but it doesn´t have the same quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: