Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ellll Mar '09 oasm
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
botega

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellll... i agree with Stephen, you SHOULD move on to a better interface then realtek in order to acheive much professional resaults of your recordings... your music deserves it...... you deserve it and i think you'll find out soon that it "was" a wise investment.

imo... you should get an external firewire ASIO supportive unit because it brings the fastest results with the lowest latency Cool

there are of course, many companies you could check like: E-Mu
M-Audio, Tapco, Edirol... they have some non expansive soundcards with a reasonable - high quality, each with its own advantages .

i had my experiences with the E-Mu 1616m PCI card that Stephen suggested and it is a pretty good choice, it comes with a nice PatchMix system and an uncanceled amount of built in effects, produces low latency and a good sound color.

but...it is not only the interface that does the job... you should also have a computer that is strong enough... a pair of reasonable near field monitors... you already have your talent and your two hands... and you're good to go.

i really don't know what you are using at the moment so maby you already have all that or know all about that and i just gave you a headache Embarassed
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends,

New link for it all...

http://www.korgforums.com/mp3/phoenix.mp3

Regards, ellll... (see more ex. at the first post if you wish..)

P.S....:

Thanks to Botega.. and Stephen... I WILL try again...I have taken it to heart.. I WANT to sound good... I just don't know how...but ...it's time to try a bit harder!! (actually past time...)
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad you put the whole song up for us to hear!!

This is really very beautiful and you have achieved great heights here - I love the piano sound and there is so much emotion in the composition that I will give it several more listens.

Regards from
Dee
botega

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellll........... that is a masterpiece for Piano

.., so familiar yet so unique....

your piano playing is amazing it sounds like you have palms at the size of Liszt's ... . . .

endless progressions and they flow so well...

the next stage is to record it in a professional Studio and share it with the world Very Happy

Wow
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it sounds like it's already been recorded in a "professional studio". I don't know how you're doing it John, but the piano on this one sounds really GREAT to me.

The 01W certainly still has what must be the best piano out there. Other synth pianos do the job okay, and cut through the mix, but on their own, I don't think I have come across one that could sound so much like a real grand piano in a concert hall.

Looking forward to more of these this year!

Dee
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends!!,

Well, ny thanks to Dee...and to Botega for the kind encouragement!! and a promise to try to keep the "DROSS" out of my stuff for the year.... It may depend on getting a new set-up... but I am still digging aaround about that..as well as realizing ...this low level economy MAY...be the time to look for a set-up...like the E-MU 1616 M wasn't it?

It looked very good to me in the info on the web...

I thank you for liking my piano, Dee, I also like the O1W piano for most things... Hope to encourage others to buy old O1W's and preserve them... They can be had very reasonable now... if you watch for them...

Again thanks to all for the kind remarks...and also for all of us having a great start for the OSAM ..!! WoW ..George will be pleased I suspect!!!

Your Friend...John (ellll) Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: