Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would Love to Get Omnisphere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fjs714

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Would Love to Get Omnisphere Reply with quote

Hi Fellas,
I know I may be doing this ass backwards but here goes. I would love to get Omnisphere and use my Oasys or a mid controller. Problem is I need to get a new computer--preferably a laptop. I've read the system requirement for Omnisphere- but they are the minimum requirements. I would like to hear from those of you who are using it sucessfully. I hear that it is best to get a very good internal sound card and high quality memory. Would the M audio 2496 do Omnisphere justice? I just want a system that won't give me problems and produce the sound that Omnisphere can produce.
Thanks Frank
kontroller4938

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have omnisphere running on the following specs:

Gateway GT 5656
AMD Athlon X2 6000+ (dual 3.0 ghz cores) 6.0ghz effectively
Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
4 gb PC-5300 DDR 2 ram
Western Digital 500gb 7200rpm Sata II Hardrive
Creative X-Fi 7.1 Channel Soundcard with Asio 2.0
32" HDTV/Monitor at 1360x768 resolution

I run it under Cubase 4 Essential and Acid Pro 6.0 and it runs great. The only issue I have to take up with spectrasonics is, when in multi I don't know how to shut off the individual effects for the separate patches, and this is key to prevent overloading the system. Their tutorial video for Multi setup warns that you should do this, but doesn't really show you how to do it.

Hope this helps
dreamaiden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kontroller,

I'm not an expert and there may be something else I don't know about but here is what I think..

If for example, you have one instance of Omni, and you have one patch selected on channel 1. On the fx page you might have assigned some fx, like delay, tube limiter and reverb. You're good.

In a multi, you might have 3 channels with patches selected for each channel. Each of the 3 patches might have on their fx page a reverb, delay and tube limiter. Instead of having that many fx for each channel, you can instead use the aux fx. Assign reverb to aux 1, delay to aux 2, and tube limiter to aux 3.

Now back in the mixer, you can simply use the aux knobs for each channel to dial in as much of each of those 3 fx you want for each channel. This is like a regular mixer.

So then you would go back to each patch fx page and click the triangle for each effect to end up with an empty fx rack.

So for a multi, use the aux fx as much as possible instead of individual patch fx. I am not aware of a 'button' that simply turns off individual patch fx although I just might not be aware of it yet.

Sorry to hijack the original post!
kontroller4938

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maiden,

thanks for those tips, i will try multi that way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: