Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a simple MIDI only sequencer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bratan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Looking for a simple MIDI only sequencer Reply with quote

Would someone recommend me a good MIDI sequencer that's total opposite of Sonar, Cubase, ProTools, etc.? Those suites are great, but they are mostly overkill 4 what I need, and what I'm looking for is a great MIDI notes editor. Basically PianoRoll on steroids Smile
I needs something I can quickly create/edit MIDI and then copy to my Korg PA800 to create styles. No need for VSTi, plugins, wave tracks, etc....
There must be something good out there!

Oh and I need this for Vista x64
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at Sonar's "Home Studio" version? This isn't quite as overkill as their Studio and Producer editions, and it has some really nice MIDI features... the XL version actually has a step sequencer in it, if that's something you'd need. It does run on Vista, and it's nowhere near the price of the other versions. No extra VST synths, it's very scaled down, i haven't actually tried it, but i'd expect the MIDI sequencer engine in there is pretty comparable to the one in the Producer edition (which seems to be mostly digital audio/VST-oriented).

You can usually download demos on their site or at sites like www.download.com -

here's a feature comparison chart so you can see what is/is not included in each version.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/HomeStudio/English/comparison.asp

Sonar's one of the most stable in windows vista, the early versions from years ago were for PC only.[/i]
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL Studio's piano roll is reported to be fantastic. I haven't seen enough of it to know how it compares to other suites, but I know people who make full songs with that piano roll without using a MIDI keyboard and swear by it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: