Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First song
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: First song Reply with quote

Well guys here goes. Newbe here so take it easy on me. Had to clear out a few cobwebs but I really enjoyed it. Thanks James for pushing me.

http://www.irishacts.com/misc/my-immortal.mp3

Christine.
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christine

I love this song - so I feel you're a 'kindred spirit' already, for choosing it Very Happy

This is a beautiful arrangement and your singing is very expressive - I enjoyed your interpretation and phrasing and got quite pulled into it. Your voice seemed to blend perfectly with the lovely clear piano.......such a great balance.

It's so good to have you here this time around, and I'm looking forward to your next song!!

Regards from
Dee
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you want us to go easy, as this is just lovely, and beautifully recorded. How lovely and small it starts and when it builds it's the payoff we were hoping for. You have a lovely voice. I do believe that thruought this year you will build more conficence and we will hear even greater things. How exciting this is for all of us to share this journey with you. Like Dee, I'm anxiously awaiting your next songs.

One request for my record keeping: Can you title your threads like this?

Christine - March - Song Title

That is the easiest way to keep our songs and threads organized.
album cover
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it.

The piano and string synth sound great, the structure of the song is perfect, and your voice is beautiful. Near the end of the song I was hoping for you to hit a high B (I think) with your vocals, but it wasn't really a concern. I just think it would've been perfect for the song.

Thanks for sharing. Smile
Christine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the lovely comments and encouragement. I'll be back soon it'll give me a chance to spy on Hubby, ye see him more than I do LOL. I'll have to put the pressure on him now for my next month's song. Now honey look what you started (nag nag nag) Laughing

Christine.
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a favorite song of mine since it first started getting airplay.
You have done a very nice job with this, did you also play the piano?
Well done, and very enjoyable.
Very Happy
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
Christine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stephen, glad you liked it. Can't take credit for any of the music I'm afraid, that's all down to James "Sharp" one of the perks of being married to him I suppose, free studio time. If I could only get him off his arse to fix phase problems with the vocals I'd be laughing Twisted Evil

Christine.
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An admin question: does this tick off your name as well as Sharp on the checklist, I'll mark him too if so.
album cover
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christine wrote:
Thanks Stephen, glad you liked it. Can't take credit for any of the music I'm afraid, that's all down to James "Sharp" one of the perks of being married to him I suppose, free studio time. If I could only get him off his arse to fix phase problems with the vocals I'd be laughing Twisted Evil

Christine.

Angel Me ?.

Sure I do everything you tell me straight away Laughing
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgeinar wrote:
An admin question: does this tick off your name as well as Sharp on the checklist, I'll mark him too if so.

Hi George.
Nope, I'm not done on my one. I should be finished tomorrow so I'll tick myself off then.

I'm behind because I need to have a rethink about my entire setup as this is the first time I've had to use a PC running VSTi's along side my OASYS. The setup is nowhere near as streamline as working with a Workstation only.

If I don't get organised and setup some sort of work flow, this OSAM will be total murder on me altogether. It's getting ahead I need to be doing here, not falling behind already.

Regards.
Sharp.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christine,

Very nice and sweet... with care for your vocal...

Your vocal feel is best in the upper range I believe, so don't be afraid of stretching it a bit... It will serve you well.. Perhaps something with a full upper range soon...?...

The way you handle the lyrics is clean and easy to understand... a very good effort indeed for a beginning, and I say with the others...

WELL COME...!!! Thanks for this!!

My Regards, John (ellll) Very Happy
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Request, if you're doing a cover, I think it's best to say so, and also, to give proper credits to the original song as in the name of the composer, that sort of thing. Most of the OSAMers are doing original work, this would make it less confusing when we comment. I say covers are fine, if that's your thing, just make it clear for those of us who may not recognize the song.
album cover
minnkorg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Christine,
Evanascence would be proud of ur performance.
Your higher registers are amazing......
Sharp are you on the Big O there? Good job with the keys...
iMac 24"-Logic9 Pro,Behringer X32,Roland VS2480CD,Korg Oasys88,Korg Radias, Yamaha Motif XS8, Roland Integra 7,Roland XP80,Roland VPro Session,Fender USA Strat, Gibson Les Paul USA Studio, Ovation Custom,Fender Jazzmaster Base,Roland GT6, Line6 PodXt Live. TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Marshall JVM 410H 1960CABS. Fender Princeton Chorus.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George

Quote:
Request, if you're doing a cover, I think it's best to say so

In all fairness to Christine, I did clearly ask before she joined the OSAM would anyone mind her doing and entire album of covers and you yourself said it was ok. It's not like she's singing hill billy music either, so surly it's obvious even for someone not taking part in this OSAM that this is a cover. Not that it should matter.

The concept of OSAM is to get people off their rear end and doing something, it's purpose is not primarily about writing original music. Actually having it open to people doing cover tunes under the OSAM commitment is actually a good idea. It would invite more people to join, and not just those who are comfortable writing.

I'm only saying because I am the one that has pushed her to do this in the first place. She didn't want to do it, but I knew she would enjoy the album 1 year from now when it's in her hands. From the point of writing original music, Christine is heavily involved with me as always in my own work, and the time it takes to sequence with a 200GB orchestral collection is insane. So maybe if I hadn't of joined OSAM she would have had more time to record her own original music.

Might be a good idea that next year we join up again as a team and do that actually now that I think about it.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnkorg wrote:
Sharp are you on the Big O there? Good job with the keys...

Yep.... the piano sound is from my OASYS ASSAULT sample library, and the rest of the sounds are factory OASYS sounds.

Regards.
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: