Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First song
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Minnkorg. Very nice of you to say so. Very Happy

Christine.
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp, I'm totally with you on the covers thing, I just had some people asking me if this was a cover etc, so I thought to avoid confusion with people commenting, to identify the song and the composer when the thread is posted, otherwise people may find themselves commenting on the song itself and feel a bit silly when they find out its a cover. I think it's great fun having her on board and how nice to get to hear her work. So no problem there at all. However, we haven't heard your song yet (fingers crossed).
album cover
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George.
No worries, I'll ask Christine to post the songs in a format that makes things clearer.

Quote:
However, we haven't heard your song yet (fingers crossed).

I'm still undecided on that one myself. I uploaded everything from my last album and even gave away the final product for free in the end. I think if I even shared demo's of what I'm working on now, then that could create problems for me in the future because I don't plan on releasing this under my own name. I want to see if I can sell the actual score and get my leg into the Movie world.

Trust me, I am working my ass off here Smile I also have Christine hounding me for the music for her next song.... lol...HELP...!!!!

Regards.
Sharp.
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, back to my original question: Do you want to get credit for your work with Christine, I don't know why not. Esp if you're not able to post the other projects you're working on. Unless you could put up fragments? Either way it's good to hear that you're busy doing what you love. Speaking of marketing, I've fallen under the spell of twitter and am now getting 30-250 downloads per day of certain demo songs. At least I'm getting on people's ipods. My best wishes for your work and Christine, too. (This is her thread afterall.)
album cover
Christine

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay with my song guys.

George, going forward I think it is best that James & I be considered as a joint team. He's leaving the sequencing of my song to last each time because his own work takes far longer to sequence and the fact he's using a large orchestral library on his computer doesn't help much either.

I've been hounding him non-stop to do the sequencing on my own songs, and he's just spent the last 3 days finishing that for me. So I'll have my one recorded in the next few days, but now he's a good 2 weeks away from finishing his own.

It's just isn't going to work out. So we had a chat about it and to take the pressure off and to get my songs sequenced on time, I think it's just best that we be considered a joint team because his own work can't be done in a month. It's something he can work away on in his own time.

Christine.
dreamaiden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Christine !

I just found this and had to check it out. I've been waiting to hear you sing since, oh about 2002. SmileSmile It was worth the wait. You have a fabulous voice as I suspected you would. Great song choice and great delivery. I loved it. I can't wait to hear more from you. You and James DEFINITELY should make a CD together of original pop music !!!!

Hugs,
Susan
Christine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Susan,

Hope you are keeping well. Glad you liked the song. I really enjoyed doing it. We really need to get in gear and get some more done we're way behind Embarassed . Yes I would love to do a CD of originals with James, with two young girls it's very hard to find "me" time. But they won't be smallies forever so who knows what the future holds. Thank you so much for listening to my song and for your lovely comments.

Christine
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We really need to get in gear and get some more done we're way behind

Considering all the stuff going on here, playing catch up over the next while won't be too bad considering you already have 2 more done that I haven't had to chance to pull from the hard drives yet.

Sorry to you and everyone else that my workload is greatly effecting your ability to get the songs done and out of the way. Promise that will change very soon, just need about two more weeks to get my own stuff in order.

Regards
James.

** Hi Susan Mr. Green **
joet63

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christine, well what can I say, you and James have got a really good song here and you should keep going in the respect of recording together.
What a beatiful song 'my-immortal' is, there is a haunting quality about it, whether it is your wonderful voice or the piano and strings it just rocks!
I hope you and James do more work together and let it be released!

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: