Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions for improvements/changes on M50?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: digital out Reply with quote

A digital spdif out. isnt' a very expensive modification after all..

agree about the controls..some kind of backlights like the macbook keyboard! for every control..

and a "Standard" Plug for the power supply..but that's very easy to DIY.

maybe 4 extra controls for the drums section ...like variation fill..intro..ending..

anyway I love the M50! nobody is perfect

have a great weekend everybody!

fabian
Korg M 50 Yamaha Motif ES 7,rickenbacker Chris Squire limited edition,Rickenbacker 4001 v 63,Korg I5M,YAMAHA g50 midi bass - guitar controller,lexicon MPXG2 + mpx r1 pedal,Line 6 pod x3 live,Ibanez jazz guitar,samick midified guitar,epiphone acoustic,and a few picks Wink
fabian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Nano pads Reply with quote

John Hendry wrote:
No, it needs a PC;-( I wish you could just run it into the USB port and be done with it but it needs a PC as if running KARMA.

John^^

wow...that's a GREAT GREAT GREAT idea! karma from a USB memory key!
Korg M 50 Yamaha Motif ES 7,rickenbacker Chris Squire limited edition,Rickenbacker 4001 v 63,Korg I5M,YAMAHA g50 midi bass - guitar controller,lexicon MPXG2 + mpx r1 pedal,Line 6 pod x3 live,Ibanez jazz guitar,samick midified guitar,epiphone acoustic,and a few picks Wink
andersborg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: digital out Reply with quote

fabian wrote:
A digital spdif out. isnt' a very expensive modification after all..

Audio via USB would have partly been the same thing (at least for recording to a PC/Mac), hopefully requiring only a software change, which is infinitely easier to do for a product in production than any form of hardware change.
johnnydj

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the easiest thing to do would be to make the m50's drums/beats act like an arranger.
able to trigger different beats which start at the end of the measure.
would be pretty easy to integrate this into an update, and make buttons on the touch screen to switch variations or fills, or even make it customizable.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people would DAMN happy about this little improvement.
johnnydj

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpscoey wrote:
mocando wrote:
I think he means while performing. The Korg PA series have octave up/down buttons...

Martin, I think he was referring to semi-tone steps rather than octaves...

Regularly our singers want to "try it up or down a half a step", and transposing to Eb...
Quote:

... and to transpose in "half-steps" surely couldn't be any easier that it already is?

on the PA series there's 2 buttons for octaves (+2 / -2) and 2 buttons for semitones.
adamskii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some features I would like on the M50 are as follows. Smile

1) A note edit function that works in a similar way to editing in FL Studio, ie. the piano roll & step sequencer.
2) Ability to add 2 or more RPPR patterns to a single key, and trigger them via velocity zones, or have them layered.

3) Trigger RPPR patterns via a keyoff setting. An RPPR pattern assigned key, with a keyoff setting assigned to it would play the normal patch when the key is pressed down, just like it does when the RPPR is turned off, but would then trigger an RPPR pattern when the assigned key is released. This could be useful for triggering recorded controller data to the end of a notes release, such as pitch bend, filter cutoff, etc.

4) Trigger RPPR patterns with velocity sensitivity. This would scale all of the velocities for recorded notes in an RPPR pattern, based on how hard the key is pressed. This also could be used to scale the values of recorded controller data based on how hard the key is pressed too.

5) When an empty RPPR pattern is assigned to a key, there will be no sound from that key when it is pressed. I would like a setting which would allow the normal key sound to be heard aswell as triggering the RPPR pattern. This can be very useful, since I don't always create RPPR patterns with note data in them, they may just have controller data in them, like cutoff, pitchbend, etc.

6) Copy/Duplicate track settings. This would copy all of the settings of a single track in a combi/song to another track. This could also enable the ability to copy individual track settings from one song to another.
newtonlkh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the buttons are not so stiff, pressing them take so much force...

The editor's interface is not much more efficient than the build in one. I've given up on the editor...

Newton
guillex

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To build it in Japan? Cool
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to fix the freeze problem!
Link

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track view into the sequencer is the only thing I want for M50! I was in an impression, that it was there, and it was a bit of a let down to notice that you cannot see your music...and have to make notes with pen and paper, which is a shame when there is such a big screen! Othervice I'm perfectly content of this synth. Awesome value! Thanks for that!

I was forced to sell my last gen top end synth to get money out of it and buy a "M3 lite" for its place and I thought I was going to get downgrade, but I'm feeling I got upgrade instead! Thanks a bunch!

---EDIT---
After spending another 15 moniutes with the sequencrer I found the rather obvious Track view, among other things, so I'm perfectly content with this beast now. Thanks even more.
Stargazer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put separate LED button for every effect for easier management. On pressing the button, the screen will show information and give the parameters on hand. Double press engages the effects (button lights up), next press disengages the effect (button does not light).

Double the knobs row for better control.

Put more effort in quality control.

Engage own Korg team/users in creating more sounds, making one big large library. This will attract people and make them forget about the lack of sampling. Waveforms are pretty capable.

Include some "Amen", Hallelujah" sounds for classical music, eventually also for gospel. With more than 1000 waveforms, there must be a place for it. You will win one special class of users with such feature, yet only a couple of waveforms are needed (Spectrasonics did it well, use their sounds if no solution, they can't be that expensive, Roland used them).

Also include some solo voices ("Aaaa", "Oooo") with vibrato on the end for classical music, (Spectrasonics is also good source for it).

Apply design more suitable for cases (regular edges all around), smooth panel with screen under angle (edge closer to player sunken down).
RlaRed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish there was:

Ability to easily see which knobs/buttons are assigned to which parameters without having to dig through all the menus

Ability to use the scroll wheel or value slider to scroll through all pop-up menus (right now some of them close if you use the scroll wheel or value slider. . I hate that)

"Hold Balance" button in Sequencer mode

When switching from combi mode or sequencer mode to program mode, the selected program should be whatever program you had selected in combi or sequencer mode

Ability to switch track while still holding down a key (so if I'm playing piano on track 1 and I have a note held down, I can switch to track 2 so the next note I hit is track 2)

"Live Loop" sequencer mode which basically allows you to play something and have it immediately loop over and over again, rather than having to start/stop and then configure the Ply/Loop tab

Chord buttons should have been velocity-sensitive soft pads! They're too hard to play quickly.

"The graveyards are full of indispensable men" - General Charles De Gaulle
Alp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was starting with the M-50 I found a number of typos in the manual (or manuals) that stopped me from doing what I was attempting.

An experienced synth user might have been able to realize that these were typos and been able to get around them, but someone new to synthesizers would find the typos like a brick wall across the road.

It would be interesting to see what improvements could be made to the manuals if they were given to "newbies" with little synthesizer experience to read.
By newbies I mean people who may have been introduced to midi and synthesizers several years (decades) ago but never followed the technology.

I also find some of the YouTube tutorials to be really well done, and I think there should be more.

Alp
dekturrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish the m50 - 61 will have a GH3 ballanced hammer effect on keys.

...dreaming............

I'm always dreaming
Dreaming love will be mine
Searching I'm always searching
Hoping someday I'll find
Someone, someone to love me
Someone who needs me but until then
I'll keep on dreaming
Keep right on dreaming
Dreaming till my dreaming comes true

Dreaming I'm always dreaming
Dreaming love will be mine
Searching I'm always searching
Hoping someday I'll find
Someone, someone to love me
Someone who needs me but until then
Well I'll keep on dreaming
Keep right on dreaming
Dreaming till my dreaming comes true

Xenyx 802 Behringer Mixer, M-Audio Fast Track USB, Sonar 7
andersborg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dekturrr wrote:
i wish the m50 - 61 will have a GH3 ballanced hammer effect on keys.

I wish the M50 had the same features as OASYS, without changing the price Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: