Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions for improvements/changes on M50?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An OS update that fixes the bugs I reported a year ago.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
gsking1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things:

-less button presses to get to the local on/off which I use all the time

-more simplified drums, there are too many fancy patterns, which are nice, but also some simpler beats that can easily be found. Also find it tedious to scroll the way it is set up.
dekturrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a piano sample that can match the motif

Xenyx 802 Behringer Mixer, M-Audio Fast Track USB, Sonar 7
coolgbb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Piano Reply with quote

I would really like a better piano patch, I agree with it being like a motiff.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better searching for drum track: possibility to order all the pattern per genre, tempo or drum kit
raj5356

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: backward compatibility with the previous sound engine Reply with quote

I wish the M50 have backward compatibility with the previous sound engines, like the one in Korg N364. All the .PCG files and .SNG files i made in Korg N364 is useless now as this M50 cannot read those files as it uses a different sound engine. unfortunately i sold my Korg N364, now i have no way to play these files i made in N364 in M50. i wish Korg designers and engineers will look into this problem and come up with a solution soon.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raj, you are right but then what would be the point of the M50 at all?
Kim Lajoie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Piano Reply with quote

coolgbb wrote:
I would really like a better piano patch, I agree with it being like a motiff.

Blatant self promotion... Wink

I've developed a collection of new pianos for the M50. 23 programs and 33 combis. $39 until December 1st. Motif-like sound and feel. More here:

http://kimlajoie.com/pianos

-Kim.
Synastikki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: backward compatibility with the previous sound engine Reply with quote

raj5356 wrote:
I wish the M50 have backward compatibility with the previous sound engines, like the one in Korg N364. All the .PCG files and .SNG files i made in Korg N364 is useless now as this M50 cannot read those files as it uses a different sound engine. unfortunately i sold my Korg N364, now i have no way to play these files i made in N364 in M50. i wish Korg designers and engineers will look into this problem and come up with a solution soon.

This has been a problem for ages... Tritons cannot read trinity files, M3/M50 cannot read triton files... it is always the same thing when korg comes up with a new synthengine. They're not matching to each other so they can't share information related to the synthesis...
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: USB M50 Driver Reply with quote

Macumba wrote:
My suggestions to improve the use of the M50 with a computer :
- Being able to use one M50 VST for each track right in the DAW. That would be awesome !!! Right now, I must put the editor on one track, set the midi channel of each track to a timbre in a combi, build the specific combi and using some of the effects used in the chosen PROG... By the way, if anyone has a faster and easier solution... I'm in !!

.. indeed, the setup of the M50 VST , through a sequencer like Cubase is very tricky. Also the way to work with the 16 Midi channels of the M50. To solve that, I made a manual config with a .txt patch name list and with old DIN connectors and it work better but t's very slow regarding the speed of the USB connector.

find the patch list here for PRG. of all factory banks A, B, C, D, E
Click Here
Here

But in fact, maybe I missed a step to setup correctly my VST ?
Happy New Years folk !
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: USB M50 Driver Reply with quote

Bill Smith wrote:
Macumba wrote:
My suggestions to improve the use of the M50 with a computer :
- Being able to use one M50 VST for each track right in the DAW. That would be awesome !!! Right now, I must put the editor on one track, set the midi channel of each track to a timbre in a combi, build the specific combi and using some of the effects used in the chosen PROG... By the way, if anyone has a faster and easier solution... I'm in !!

.. indeed, the setup of the M50 VST , through a sequencer like Cubase is very tricky. Also the way to work with the 16 Midi channels of the M50. To solve that, I made a manual config with a .txt patch name list and with old DIN connectors and it work better but t's very slow regarding the speed of the USB connector.

Click Here
Here

Happy New Years folk !

You know you don't need to use the VST to use the USB, it will still act as a normal MIDI port but faster than using DINs. Just select the M50 USB MIDI port in your software instead of the DINs.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
amslafuente

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: USB M50 Driver Reply with quote

Bill Smith wrote:

Click Here
Here

Happy New Years folk !

Hi,

I am also interested in that patch list file, but the link doesn't work (file not found).
Could you check whether that link is the correct one ?

Thanks!

A
akmon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Now that the Korg Kronos has been oficially announced, EDS technology is going to end, so the M3 and M50 as well in that order. Then I have no hope they´re going to update the OS someday. Anyone who doesn´t think so?
ursamajor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it allready mentioned that the possibillity of the ARP beeďng triggered by the sequencer would be nice?

In de Parameter Guide (v3) it says:
The arpeggiator cannot be triggered by the notes
played by the sequencer.

So this would be an improvement Smile
sullycq

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree with number 3 (Being able to set different numbers in each bank). This would make life a lot easier. I would love to see this in an update.

Also (not available in an update), an internal power supply. I hate the flimsy thin power adapter it uses. They break easily and I've been told that they can cause buzzing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: