Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how do I repair broken "soft keys"(buttons)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wktb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: how do I repair broken "soft keys"(buttons)? Reply with quote

I've got a couple of broken buttons on my pa1x pro. Need procedure for accessing them. I've already dropped the keyboard a few times to fix bad keys. Also, how to order those buttons. Is there a parts list online? Thanks, And thank you all very very much for this support forum wktb
Charley Brown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Broken buttons Reply with quote

Regarding “Broken Buttons”

This topic continues to surface time and time again. Sooner or later your buttons will break. I have received several private emails from various members regarding the availability of the buttons and the procedure for installing them.

I’m not a tech authority on the procedure and I usually defer to forum member Kjeld who lives in Denmark. He supplied me with the procedure for disassembly and reassembly along with some very helpful photos. I kept the instructions and photos and would be glad to pass them on to anyone who needs them.

I live in the USA and so I contacted Korg USA in attempt to obtain the buttons.

Korg USA
KMV Websales,LLC
316 S. service Rd
Melville, NY 11747
Telephone 1-631-390-6500

I spoke with a Tech Rep at Korg USA and he told me that the buttons had to be ordered thru ~

Antique Electronic Supply
6221 S. Maple Ave
Tempe Arizona 852283
Telephone 1-480-820-5411

I encountered a cumbersome procedure in ordering because Antique Electronic Supply does not actually carry the buttons in their inventory. Instead, they have to back order the buttons from Korg USA located in Melville NY. I could not obtain the buttons directly from Korg USA Melville NY which is about a 250 miles from my home. I was told that the buttons had to be shipped to me from Antique Electronic supply, Tempe Arizona located 2500 miles away.

Hence in order for me to obtain the buttons from Korg USA (which is close bye to me) they would have to ship them West past my house to the other side of the USA to Antique Electronic Supply Tempe Arizona 852283 only to be shipped back East to me. Thus making a 250 mile delivery into a 5250 mile delivery.

After discussing this mater with a representative at Korg USA, he felt that the system for obtaining the parts was awkward and slow so he made an “exception to the rule” and sent the buttons directly to me. I received them in a couple of days.

If you contact Korg USA to obtain the buttons you will need to know the Item/Part Number. There are at least 5 different sizes of push buttons on top of your Pa1x. Don’t expect them to know which ones you will need. The red one is easy to describe but the grey ones come in different sizes and different width. Some have an LED window and some don’t.

Below I have described the various buttons and sizes and have provided the corresponding Item Numbers. I ordered two of each type to have on hand just in case.

Desc: 19MM RED LED BUTTON ~ PLA 0001148 Parts Stock 11-40-85-00

Desc: 19MM GRAY LED BUTTON ~ PLA0001141 Parts Stock 11-37-19-00

Desc: 19MM GRAY WITH OUT LED ~ PLA0001142 Parts Stock 11-12-79-00

Desc: 17MM GRAY LED BUTTON ~ PLA0001139 Parts stock 11-39-60-00

Desc: 17MM GRAY WITH OUT LED ~ PLA0001140 Parts Stock 11-40-28-00

In addition, I recommend that you order the little round black plastic spacers (which have a small screw hole in center) that are used to mount the circuit board as these are easily lost during disassembly. I do not know the part number for the spacers. *Note ~ Not all of the mounting screws require the spacers.

Good Luck ~ Charley Brown
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: hi friends Reply with quote

it is good to put a little glue crazy glue in the joints and the buttons on both sides ... .. put the glue on that is broken ...buy the footswitch(is a little difficult in my country)
.. I'm trying to EC5 do it with a friend looking for technical connector DIN 45322 (6 PINS) ...
Peter Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charley, your post is very valuable, thank you. I don't need buttons yet (and hope never will) but I saved it for the future.

Peter-Paul
in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven ~
Peter Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just noticed that somebody put under my name Junior member. How that got there, does anybody know?
in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven ~
admar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Paul wrote:
I've just noticed that somebody put under my name Junior member. How that got there, does anybody know?

I guess that's an automatic setting on this forum when you have posted 50+ messages. When the number of your postings increase you'll become a full member, senior member, platinum member, .....

Admar
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys...instructions. Wink

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=311136#311136

My new rock-band
My new duo's homepage - mostly in norwegian, but give it a go
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: