Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-ignite April OSAM 09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joet63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re-ignite April OSAM 09 Reply with quote

Here's my next tune guys and gals, it's not finished but it's getting there. Any comments will be gratefully received, it is also rather short but I'm still learning my way round my gear. This song is entirely done in Reason with a Korg Nano keyboard and I'm just getting used to the small keys

It's called 'Re-ignite' www.myspace.com/joethompson63

I've been rather busy lately, working and I've just got a new job, which I start a week today!, cool eh!

I hope you all enjoy the song as much as I did making it. Smile

Joe

P.S. I will listen to all the songs I've missed recently. Joe you bad boy!
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on this!
Sounds Good

An interesting song, good sound, and it has vocals.
Cool
I like it!
Regards,
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
joet63

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen, Thanks for your input Very Happy

There are no vocals on Re-ignite as of yet, soon maybe, when I can work them out and what the song could represent. At the moment it's a collection of sounds that I pulled together in Reason 4 and will be finished soon I hope!

Joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is a nice spatial element here. The empty space is very clean sounding and roomy. Almost an ambient I guess, maybe a shade of Brian Eno here, not sure. but the sounds here are well done and I found it very nice to listen to.
album cover
joet63

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

Thank you for your input Very Happy

I've tried to make it as spacey as I could, I hope I succeeded. Using Reason 4, I'm only scratching the surface, this program is huge and I'm still learning, but I would like to dig deeper.
This track was made on my laptop at my girlfriends', she said to me that there was something missing, I thought not, maybe there is, I can't fathom what it is, maybe you folks as my peers can see what I can't.

George, I would like to say thank you to you and the rest of the guys and girls for this excellent medium of the OSAM. It has breathed new life into me and my music. Although still a newb at this game I'm having so much fun!

Joe

Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too bad. To me it sounds like there should be more to be done on this song. I think it could use more experimentation with the drum beats. Maybe that's what's missing.

I enjoyed it though. Thanks for sharing.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

Most enjoyable, with a nice feel for ambience as well as unusual melodic content ..

I would like to see a bit more variety in melody and chord structure.... a bit of additional instrument/sound , support in places would also help.

Try more addition to the rhythmic elements as well and see if it adds interest... Nice overall sound!!

I enjoyed it!!!

John (ellll) Very Happy
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe

This is a good start and I'm sure you will find ways to build on all the ideas once you get back to it.

One thing I would try straight away would be to change that repeating octave up-down to a different note somewhere - and pick a place where it would give a sense of 'surprise'......

..but that's just me....!....you will find your own 'feel' for the song no doubt, and should post an update if you add to it.

Regards from
Dee
GrahamBanks

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe,
Wow this is a lot different than dreams! This reminds me of a lot of instrumental bits that I come up with. Usually when I am writing in the genesis style, just jam until you get a few bars that you I like. Sometimes I can turn the pieces into whole songs, or use them as intros or segues between songs. I feel that can really build tension or drama between vocal pieces.

I tried to go quickly from this song to Dreams, and could picture it working with a good crossfade. It might mean changing that one synth sound that comes in at :34 if it doesn't mesh with the guitars as well, even though they won't be playing at the same time.

Alan Parsons is an expert at arranging this kind of thing. Maybe put one instrumental verse or one instrumental chorus from Dreams first, then this instrumental, then the full version of dreams. All of a sudden you've got a themed suite.
joet63

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham, everyone, Thank you for your kind words,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Your idea is a good one but I feel that it is probably beyond me at the moment, but I do see where you are coming from Graham.

BTW I'm a huge Alan Parsons fan!

I would like to do more with this track eventually, given time! hehehe

I'm glad you all liked my track, thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: