Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pics of my Silver ESX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
0same

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: bad job Reply with quote

Aciphecs wrote:
Milhouse wrote:
Does this work with the older ESX or only with the newer ones.

It also works with the older ones too! I did it to mine, which is over 5 yrs old. It didn't come out as nice as the one pictured here and it took over an hour of multiple coatings of oven cleaner, but I was happy with the results. I would post my pic, but I'm at work and can't access the URL.

I see you are on the Electribe Forum too, you can see the results there.

ok, so after 3 hours of coating and waiting, i have been left with a bit of a mess. i dont know why i cant get rid of the bits that are left...... this is an older SM version... any help would be amazing..... massive fail i used 'Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner'

photos below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67563147@N03/6150762672/in/photostream/
supermel74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep repeating the process until it's all gone. I had the same problem. Scrub a little if you need to. Be sure to wear rubber gloves, don't get any on your skin and wash immediately if you do, and DO NOT BREATHE that stuff. When it finally all does come off, get some aluminum polish to shine it up. I used Turtle Wax chrome and metal polish.
0same

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supermel74 wrote:
Just keep repeating the process until it's all gone. I had the same problem. Scrub a little if you need to. Be sure to wear rubber gloves, don't get any on your skin and wash immediately if you do, and DO NOT BREATHE that stuff. When it finally all does come off, get some aluminum polish to shine it up. I used Turtle Wax chrome and metal polish.

my hands burn and my lungs are on fire Very Happy

ok cool, so i scrubbed and scrubbed, its better, but now all the white came off, all of what was white is now red. do you think if use the oven cleaner now, i will loose all the lettering? man, what a nightmare. i guess if that happens ill have to get a sticker replacement. Sad
supermel74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I would just keep spraying even coats on and letting it set for about 20 minutes at a time and then rinse it off. I thought I was losing my lettering but it was actually just an illusion. If all else fails and it doesn't come out how you like, I can vouch for the styleflip stickers. I got one and they go on pretty easy, stick well, and look professional. My only gripe with mine was that it wasn't as black as I thought it would be but it still looks ok. I got the styleflip after I used the oven cleaner before I used the aluminum polish. All the red was off but the finish was really dull so I ordered a styleflip. In the meantime I got the aluminum polish and that made it look good but I put the styleflip on anyway since I had already paid for it. Here's a pic of how I have my ESX now with the sticker on.
0same

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supermel74 wrote:
I thought I was losing my lettering but it was actually just an illusion.

what i mean is that i have scrubbed the white off completely, what is underneath is the original pink red. if i use the oven spry on that, i am worried the lettering will completely disappear.

i think i will have to get the styleflip stic'. funny i was thinking black too. or i might try one of these

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67563147@N03/6151477890/in/photostream/

so the black is not jet black?
supermel74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="0same"]
supermel74 wrote:

i think i will have to get the styleflip stic'. funny i was thinking black too. or i might try one of these

Yeah, it's not as black as it looks when you make it on the site. It's black, but almost more of a dark brown. I think that's the case with any colors you choose though, at least from other reviews I've read.
0same

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="supermel74"]
0same wrote:
supermel74 wrote:

Yeah, it's not as black as it looks when you make it on the site. It's black, but almost more of a dark brown. I think that's the case with any colors you choose though, at least from other reviews I've read.

maybe if i make a jet black Jpeg in photoshop then it would be ok.... i am so disappointed though. i really wanted to have a nice shiny ESX all old school looking just like the ES1 MKII.

if all the paint and lettering came off, i had the idea of getting the lettering printed mirrored on acetate and then ironing it onto the metal, kinda the method used to make PCBs.

thanks for your help....

Last edited by 0same on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
supermel74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck either way, and post pics when you get it straightened out.
Aciphecs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick to getting the photo quality you want for a styleflip is to make sure that the image that you upload for them to print is set at least at 600 dpi. You can set this in photoshop or any decent editor. This will ensure that the colors are as bright or dark as the original. I have an ESX skin that turned out jet black...ESX styleflipped

BP Facebook Page

BP Youtube Channel
supermel74

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. My mistake was using their color palette.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: