Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribulator - Software to enhance sounds of electribe EMX
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wax78

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Electribulator - Software to enhance sounds of electribe EMX Reply with quote

Hello to all of you,

I made a little software this week and wish to share it to all of the community.

That program allow you to transform you 5 synth monophonic electribe into a 1 synth with 5 poly voices.

It also allow to make use more sophisticated VCA than the orignal one (There's 2 VCA assignable to each CC), and use more modulator than the only present (You can use up to 3 syncable LFO assignable to each CC)

There's sound and modulator preset system that allow you to load/save easily the sound currently in the electribe. (and in the software of course).

Here's the link to download the last version (and all version are in the same directory)

General infos : https://renaud.warnotte.be/softwares/electribulator/main
Git Hub Repo :
https://github.com/warnotte/Electribulator

Here's a nice screenshots of the Preset editor Gui (with the jEMXPanel)
as you can see the result :

You can read a piece of the Readme.txt here :

Quote:

E L E C T R I B U L A T O R
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- Enhancer and polyphonisator for electribe EMX-1, 100% written in Java and using the MIDI protocol to achieve it.
Using a keyboard or external sequencer electribe to play the notes and get in the software then dispatched to
the 5 channels of electribe.
- Also allows to add a complex system of enveloppe (VCAs), as well as several modules (VCOs) assigned to all the
control available (in midi CC or NRPN) on electribe (filter cutoff, level, pan, resonance, ...).
- System presets and settings to create in a click, sound of electribe inside a nice interface.
- There is no need to touch the electribe and u can now be on your MIDI keyboard and on your PC.
- It is also possible to operate the program (preset level and to test the sound in mono) with the wheels and the keyboard electribe.
- Ability to save / load the sounds and modulators.

Utilisation/Usage:
==================

Electribe:
----------

- Configure electribe's synth part each on a midi channel (1 to 5).
- Put midi cable from PC to Electribe (bidirectionnal or not).
- In theory now, u haven't to touch electribe anymore and concentrate on the PC.
- You can of course, use the electribe as a remote controle for the software.

PC:
---

Execute Electribulator.jar (or go.bat/go.sh) to launch the software

It ask for MIDI IN (where notes come from, not the electribe).
It ask for MIDI OUT (where is electribe).
It ask for MINI IN (where electribe note and control will be sent if needed).
Software launch and window appear
U can use software or load a general/modulator presets.

I'm of course open to all questions, suggestion or bugreports and would be very happy if got feedbacks (positive or not) from users.

Nice play with it and good day.

Very Happy

Last edited by wax78 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:49 pm; edited 20 times in total
silverfilter

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this sounds promising! can't wait to hear user comments on this once installed since I don't have time for now to set it up Confused
Yatmandu

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, brilliant idea! I will try this s/w! Thanks, and I will let you know if I find any issues.
gil videla

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Electribulator - Software to enhance sounds of electribe Reply with quote

wax78 wrote:
Hello to all of you,

I made a little software this week and wish to share it to all of the community.

That program allow you to transform you 5 synth monophonic electribe into a 1 synth with 5 poly voices.

It also allow to make use more sophisticated VCA than the orignal one (There's 2 VCA assignable to each CC), and use more modulator than the only present (You can use up to 3 syncable LFO assignable to each CC)

There's sound and modulator preset system that allow you to load/save easily the sound currently in the electribe. (and in the software of course).

wow, can't wait to try it out, I was beginning to grow tired of the monophone voices, I don't need 5 mono's, but by 1 synth with 5 poly, now that's great.
wax78

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wax78

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Really pleased to hear that friends.

I got some news for you, as i released v 0.0.7 with bugfixes, rewritten VCA and some way to use electribe as keyboard and preset editor.

You can find that version there :

http://renaud.warnotte.be/Projects/Electribulator/downloads/Wax_Electribulator_v_0_0_7.rar

with some changes (badly translated sorry) :

Quote:

- Fill the 76 PCM list.
- Bugfix on slider (when double click to enter the values).
- Modulators now take value in preset manager instead of 1.0f;
- Correction broken download (updater).
- React to electribe event (keyboard or controlchange) should be take in account by the program.
U can now use electribe as keyboard (but in monophonic) to preset easily on the hardware instead of mouse.
- Add a scrollPane to the emxpanel.
- Rewrite all the VCA.
- More wavetype in VCOs.

I'd be very happy to have feedback if someone has time to test it on his system Smile[url][/url]
mish mash

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow now your talking:)............unfortunately I just upgraded to mac....I know i'm pushing it but is there any perspective of a mac version?
thanx

Emx 1
Esx 1
Kp3
Zero 8
PCR 500
Mac book pro
cdj 1000
wax78

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mish mash wrote:
wow now your talking:)............unfortunately I just upgraded to mac....I know i'm pushing it but is there any perspective of a mac version?
thanx

I would like to talk, but i haven't received any bug or 'your soft is working fine (or nor)' until now Wink

You're not pushing. Of course there's a perspective, a lot of people here and in other forum seems to have a mac. The problem is, i don't have a mac to test my software Neutral but i want it to work on windows/linux/mac.

The good part is that my software is written in Java so it should work on each system that support java i think.

I've recently made changes to make it work with linux (the problem were only the directory separator, != for windows and linux). So i hope (v0.0.Cool will work both on linux and Mac.

But if you're able to download v0.0.7 and try to launch it, and be able to tell me if it's work or not. If not cut and paste what's the console tell about error/stacktrace that could help me to find a solution, and in some days or week, the program will be compatible for each system. I hope.

Very Happy
mish mash

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure ll send you this in a pm.....Smile

Emx 1
Esx 1
Kp3
Zero 8
PCR 500
Mac book pro
cdj 1000
wax78

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for the pm mish mash Smile I don't know how to solve it until i found a mac or experimented mac user playing with java.

I juste made 2 videos of the Electribulator, with midi keyboard and Cubase as sequencer.

U can see (in 4 seconds) the new VCA system that i've just build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RARWj7HNyE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7rxSE-C6Pg

Voila voila Smile
mish mash

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dood just checked the vids......this is wicked!!!!!! it gives that little/BIG richness to it .....very nice 1.....I do hope you ll find a java guru soon...maybe post an add on forums or a thread in the mac section of this site......I NEED THIS Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Mad Razz Shocked Arrow

Emx 1
Esx 1
Kp3
Zero 8
PCR 500
Mac book pro
cdj 1000
Yatmandu

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

I tried it but realized that I don't have a second midi input on my pc (for a keyboard). The EMX took up the one and only in and out. So I couldn't play chords or poly, but messed around with the editor while playing some patterns. Got some stuck notes which ended up being like weird droning pads, but I'm not sure if it was me or the s/w. Anyway, it's very cool but I need to get a second midi in for a kbd. Very cool s/w WAX!

One question: I noticed the reverb was bypassed as an effect when you look at the effects dials!? It goes from BPM Sync Delay to HPF, jumping over reverb. Is this a kind of message about EMX's poor reverb? lol. or a bug? or just a display bug?

Anyway, cool thing you've got going there, and done with Java!!
wax78

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

Quote:
Dood just checked the vids......this is wicked!!!!!! it gives that little/BIG richness to it .....very nice 1.....I do hope you ll find a java guru soon...maybe post an add on forums or a thread in the mac section of this site......I NEED THIS

héhé thanks. I hope i'll find one soon Smile

Yatmandu wrote:
I tried it but realized that I don't have a second midi input on my pc (for a keyboard). The EMX took up the one and only in and out. So I couldn't play chords or poly, but messed around with the editor while playing some patterns. Got some stuck notes which ended up being like weird droning pads, but I'm not sure if it was me or the s/w. Anyway, it's very cool but I need to get a second midi in for a kbd. Very cool s/w WAX!

One question: I noticed the reverb was bypassed as an effect when you look at the effects dials!? It goes from BPM Sync Delay to HPF, jumping over reverb. Is this a kind of message about EMX's poor reverb? lol. or a bug? or just a display bug?

Anyway, cool thing you've got going there, and done with Java!!

Electribe need one input from PC (to receive notes) and U can use a software sequencer if you don't have other MIDI aivailable. (using midiyoke or stg but i probably misunderstand what u said Smile. I know there's something bug and need to push on 'Resend Preset' button sometimes or play 5 notes to unlock VCAs.

And for the FX section, It's just a display bug (i used 360° instead of 330° for the knob). I'm correcting it, adding the name of the effect in the "LCD" and release a 0.0.8 today i hope.

EDIT :

I've uploaded v0.0.8 to the server, normally automatic update from 0.0.7 should download automatically the new rar file in 'downloads' directory.

You can try the new VCA system...

Change notes :

Quote:
- Send Volume 0 on each channel when preset_load.
- Add a button to select CC of each modulator inside a human readable list.
- Find and corrects bugs due to note dispatcher when using a software sequenceur (rewritting note dispatcher)
- Add the BPM Sync that seem to work in fact.
- Adding a way to change background while program is running. Adding 2 background from FSK1138(thanks to him).
- Test under linux for working, autoupdate (but not midi test Sad)
- Creation of a new VCA allowing really complex signal shape. (Delete and insert to remove/add point to the graph).
- Yatmandu says : "One question: I noticed the reverb was bypassed as an effect when you look at the effects dials!? It goes from BPM Sync Delay to HPF, jumping over reverb. Is this a kind of message about EMX's poor reverb? lol. or a bug? or just a display bug?"
--> identinfy and correct if need.
--> Add a system to see wich effect is lastely choosen. (when mouse is on a wheel).
- etc ...

in case of no autoupdate : http://renaud.warnotte.be/Projects/Electribulator/downloads/Wax_Electribulator_v_0_0_8.rar
wax78

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new VCA that you can test on the 0.0.8 version:

Yatmandu

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try the new one later today. Just one question, the EMX has a simple EG control, so how are you getting seperate attack, sustain, release controls with multiple <NbrPoints>? And what about decay? Does the EMX allow midi control of A,S,R but not via the front panel knobs? Just trying to figure out how you did this, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: