Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg verses Boss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dana Walsh

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Korg verses Boss. Reply with quote

Has anyone besides me put the AX3000 head to head with any of the so called Boss pedal boards? This is what I've found. I purchased the flagship Boss GT-5 ($775)and put it head to head with the Korg AX3000.(the Pandoras smokes it also) I've found that the Boss unit has every bell and whistle but it lacks the realism that the Korg AX3000 has. The Boss is very brittle sounding compared to the AX3000 and who cares if you can do harmonies to scale if the unit doesn't sound good. The Korg has a depth and realism that the Boss engineers have yet to find. When I brought the Korg to band rehearsal for the first time the guy's in my band were floored(pun intended). The said things like"that thing is fat sounding", "unbelievable that a digital pedal board can sound better than a analog pedal","don't ever get rid of that"and "it cost how much?"(or really how little) Then i explained that it cost only $200 and there jaw hit the floor!! It has some of the best features of any pedal I've come across. Locking the knobs for live performances,never will my boots change a setting while I'm playing live.I use mine with another midi pedal across the stage.(so I don't have to be tied to one side of the stage,can anyone say freedom!!) What can you say about ESS but Wow!! I'm sure the kids who didn't grow up copying Van Halen riffs will love this feature (I love it and I did grow up with Eddie, I can't say enough great things about it)but it doesn't stop there. Can you say Whammy pedal(tm)cause it has it and a whole lot more.This is a guitarists dream come true. No longer do I have to have a keyboard player to do step arpeggio. It has taken my sound and my playing into the 22nd century and beyond. My hats off to Korg for caring enough to be so ahead of the pack that the competition can't even breathe from all the dust you left them in. The Insert option is the coolest ever. Being able to use any of the analog or rack equipment is a true life saver(assignable per preset). Not that you need it with such choices such as the wealth of Pre effects,Delays,Reverbs and Modulations this unit packs under the hood. Not to mention how great they sound. Who would ever need anything more? Not me.I should be a salesman for Korg, cause I believe in this product so much. I'm still in a state of shock at what this unit can do and not only how well it sounds but how great it looks doing it. This is by far the best purchase I've ever made for my sound. It is a beast of a pedal. Made by the most caring people with only one thing one there mind(well maybe not just one)TONE. They're the forward thinking company in the music industry. Maybe you guy's should send a tech over to the major labels to give them some of the forward thinking magic you have put into your products. I'm sure you could straighten them out. I LOVE this and every product I've ever purchased from this company. I used the AX1500 for our last CD and every one I play it for is amazed at the guitar sound.(check it out out for yourself-www.moneyshot-tm.com)Kudos for taking the time to give me and my sound the one thing that matters. TONE!!!!!
You now have the most loyal of Fans. ME and everyone I play or show it to!! Thank you so much for Being there for us WORKING musicians.(over 100+ shows last year and not a problem) If there is anything I could ever do for you,please don't hesitate to ask!!!! Very Happy
Dana Walsh-guitarist for MONEYSHOT
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a while I was doing ambient electronica type sets with my AX3000. One time however I went to go back to my Boss GT 6 for one show...I have not used it a while and thought I'd use some of the old stuff I made on that thing. As turns out those who have followed my work noticed I huge drop in sound quality...and wondered what happened.

I eventually sold my GT-6 to someone and I still have my AX3000.

It's a shame that the build quality is not as good as the Boss floor boards (they are built like tanks and weigh just as much) but the sound from the AX3000 is just cleaner and more alive to the ears of my audience.

So with the AX3000 you can't judge a book by it's cover, the package my not look all that hot...and it isn't but you can't beat the sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: