Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nano KEY - Broken keys
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
contrabajo

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Nano KEY - Broken keys Reply with quote

Hi
Two keys have popped out. I have been trying to put them back in but can't figure out how it's done quite yet. Looks like it shold not be too complicated: each key has a litle metal bracket, there are some grooves where little plastic rods may fit somehow, etc.

Anyone with this experience?

thanks
Pablo
johnwesleybarker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one key that popped out and now I can't get it to click back in place. Can anyone give me a tip?

Thanks.
ZombWoof

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: NanoKEY keys falling off Reply with quote

Is there a resource somewhere that shows how to replace a key that has fallen off? This seems to happen often enough and the internal clip appears too fragile to force it too much. I'd like to see a picture about how everything fits together, and recommendations about how to pop it back into place.
contrabajo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: broken keys Reply with quote

I may have a chance to go back to the AES convention here in NYC this weekend, in which case I'll go to the Korg stand and tell them to put a series of pictures or instructions up. THey obviously don't pay too much attention to this forum! (bait, bait)
I stopped using the darn thing after 2 keys fell off. Needless to say, I was not inclined to buy another unit, even if it's only 50 bucks... And stoped recommending it (more bait!)

Pablo
depulse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keys can fairly easily be put back again, but after a short while the same key will be falling off again.

A good idea in theory that doesn't work very well in practice.

Did Korg ever try using it before they released it? Or was it a pure "desktop product" i.e. made in a CAd system without realife testing....
brokenfinga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, anyone got a way to replace or fix these broken keys ?
You can put them back, but sometimes, you just can't ... Why ? because of the plastic mechanism is broken.

See pics :

You can't fix that...
What i'm trying to do now is find a way to get the plastic replaced... But where can i find such plastic mechanisms... I'm gonna try to contact Korg Support directly and see what happens. Confused
blazingdude11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Nano Key Reply with quote

Hey, you guys are VERY lucky!! At least you got to play yours!! I cannot even figure out how to load the software, where is it??? From now on only buying what comes with a disk! LOUSY CHRISTMAS!!!
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax! Go to korg.com (as it said either on the 8.5x11" instruction sheet or on one of the other inserts that came with the nanoKey) to download the drivers. Perhaps reading the instructions might've saved you the disappointment today Wink

Buying hardware that comes with drivers on a disk is often pointless, since it doesn't take long for there to be a need for new drivers, making the copy on disk worthless and out of date.
manyfingers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought this would be a good buy...got tours coming up..first time i played it (gently i add) a key has fallen off..proving difficult to get back on. shockingly bad design..obviously not product tested..cheap but crap, unreliable and unusable. i'm annoyed with myself for being suckered into thinking that with the KORG name on it it should have real quality built into it...wrong wrong wrong..don't waste your money on this..
manyfingers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: nanokey keys falling off? 1 pence solution... Reply with quote

hey! here's a good solution..(?! Wink )..if you're desperate to keep this, even with the likelihood of keys popping off, wrap a single layer of cling film around it..i'm going to return mine anyway but as i'm rehearsing tonight still ploughing on with this "wonder" solution..doesn't really affect playability and has the added bonus of being able to wipe off the blood i'm spitting on it..
depulse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same problem with my nanoKeys. After just a short while the keys started to fall off, often the same one. Really annoying and Korg must have known about this problem already when they released it, it just takes a few hours of testing to find this problem.

I've now given up and will get the Akai LPK25 instead.
manyfingers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good call depulse..my lpk25 is on order now and i should have on wednesday..been trawling web for bad reviews but yet to find any..arpeggiator looks pretty useful too..proper keys is the main bonus though
JuhaFi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I' now very disappointed by Korg :
I have purchased Nano Key from USA ebaY.
One key has loosen/ broke.
The USA Korg won't send to Finland and Finnish Korg won't repair, cause Nano Key has not buyed from Finland.
NO WARRANTY !
Shocked
How I can contact directly to Korg ? Is this really Korg policy, no Global warranty ?
manyfingers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: reply from KORG Reply with quote

my message to KORG:

"just bought nanokey and even with gentle use a couple of keys have fallen off. due to go on tour in 2 weeks and unless you can help describe to me how the keys fit back on i'll have to take it back for a refund. i like the idea but the keys seem to be ridiculously flimsy and i don't think i would put much trust in using it for a gig."

KORGS REPLY (i've deleted to guy's name but the content has not been altered at all):

If you contact the sohp they should replace it for you.

folks...this says it all...
depulse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now bought an Akai LPK25 and I can really recommend it.

It is everything the nanoKey should have been.

The keys are actually playable, the feeling is better than other mini keys I tried in the past. The only thing missing is some kind of pitch and modulation wheels/control.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: