Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zero 4 - Mac - Can't connect to Firewire Soundcard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graviton

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Zero 4 - Mac - Can't connect to Firewire Soundcard Reply with quote

The soundcard is not recognized. It was working flawlessly last night.

The last time this happened I removed the AC power, and reconnected. Checked the audio devices, boom there it was again.

My firewire ports are fully functionaly.

I can't connect through the Korg updater.

Please, any suggestions? I would love to try to reset the firmware!?

Macbook pro os X 5.6. zero 4 v1.6.
justbenjamin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here. Now I'm unable to get sound from any of the channels. I hear timecode in the headphone cue. Help!
justbenjamin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here. Now I'm unable to get sound from any of the channels. I hear timecode in the headphone cue. Help!
justbenjamin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Korg Zero4 problems Reply with quote

My Korg Zero4 seems to forget the settings that were previously set in Zero Edit. I simply want to use it as an audio mixer with 2 CDJ's. The first problem is getting a firewire connection to my Mac. It connects randomly. I got it to connect to my mac with all channels passing audio through each channel on the cd/line input. Later on when I restarted the mixer it reverted to no audio passing through any channels with timecode in the headphones. While it was on, I inserted a FireWire cable in one of the ports without any connection to the other end. Then I pulled the cable out and it instantly passed the audio through. I tried the same thing a second time with nothing happening. I have tried holding down the cue on channel one to start up in 44.1 but it did not change anything. I thought doing this would simply start it up in full audio mode. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
higherbeats

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there...
i would ike to buy a zero 4...

does it work now?
have u tested also in snow leo?
intricate

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbenjamin wrote:

Try downloading traktor adapt.exe (traktor setup file all the way down the page):
http://www.korguksupport.co.uk/page.cfm?pageid=620#Traktor Setup file (Windows and Mac)

This will let you choose if you're using vinyl or cd timecode, and it will let audio pass through without you hearing it.
justbenjamin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After booting up the korg zero & mac independently, without any connection between the two, then connecting the FireWire cable, everything works fine. Zero edit recognized the connection and I was able to adjust the settings easily. I still suspect the FireWire port on the Korg zero has a connection/contact issue. The cable seems loose. I will report back if I have any other problems. Thanks for the input!
b0jan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I rly want to get a Korg zero 4, but I cant finde any Korg support on where I can dwnload new firmwire 1.6 update, or the rest of necesary updates, do someone has it in its private colection >?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: