Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX-1 firmware update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matroska

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: EMX-1 firmware update Reply with quote

a new firmware for emx has been released today.
i found it on the russian website dedicated to the electribe family. the firmware version is 1.04.
i dunno nothin 'bout any changes or improvements. maybe it is not official. i found no information related to the new firmware release on the korg website.
so here is the link for those who want to check it out. the information on how to update ur emx is inside.
KlaatuNinja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translated from Russian site:

New OS of v1.04 for Korg EMX-1!!!

Regards, fellows!!! On the forum, fairly often rose and was discussed the theme new OS, operating systems, so called - “piercings” for “elder” [Elektraybov], which in “their to circle” call “dark-blue” and “red”, Korg ESX-1 and Korg EMX-1. After sufficiently long analysis, interactions, conversations, letters and contact on vital questions, and much of other, at long last, ice was touched and result for face, or more precisely, for the card SM, i.e., Smart Of media, by [koimi] feed these two miracle -[Gruvboksa]!!! With the assistance to the company A&T Of trade, in face of main person on [Korgam] in Russia, the brand of manager - Peter [Repina], the Japanese company of engineers and developers Of korg, granted for our To [komyuniti], the new operating system “of dark-blue” - v1.04!!! This event cannot be overestimated! Each, who uses and loves “dark-blue”, divides our overall happiness in regard to this! The file of [apdeyta], as always, in the archive, this time in the size ZIP, in the very near future we will lay out into the division of site “files”, and thus far, here temporary direct method to it: “emx-1_os_v1.04” in the archive, is applied text file with the instruction on the installation new OS!

Is this a "semi" official release?? no list of changes either.
Hold On to the World by Klaatuninja
https://itun.es/gb/Cg0_X
Yatmandu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm....I wouldn't want to be the guinea-pig for this...
Droo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Smile)
If we go back in the history a little....

I found a bug in my EMX and asked at that forum about if anyone have the same bug. This forum is created by official korg dealer in Russia.
After checking, some guys found the same bug and of course I asked for support. Peter (brand-manager) helped us. At Korg's founded this bug and were very surprised Smile
So now, I've put this update at my EMX and the bug has gone.
It's your choice to be or not to be.

PS: The bug was that EMX doesn't load actual parameter "master tune" in global. You even can see the number you saved, but the truth that it's not loaded, you must change it every time when you need. Almost nobody need, so nobody have seen it Smile))
plosive

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see that one of the korg forums out there gets a response for updates to the electribes.
Yatmandu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droo wrote:
Ha Smile)
If we go back in the history a little....

I found a bug in my EMX and asked at that forum about if anyone have the same bug. This forum is created by official korg dealer in Russia.
After checking, some guys found the same bug and of course I asked for support. Peter (brand-manager) helped us. At Korg's founded this bug and were very surprised Smile
So now, I've put this update at my EMX and the bug has gone.
It's your choice to be or not to be.

PS: The bug was that EMX doesn't load actual parameter "master tune" in global. You even can see the number you saved, but the truth that it's not loaded, you must change it every time when you need. Almost nobody need, so nobody have seen it Smile))

Thanks for the info! I guess I've never used master tune, as the EMX is the master and if some outboard instrument is out of tune, I tune it to the EMX.
pep4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you update the frimware? Tutorial for update the firmware?
kanenas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pep4 Here is a copy from the how to from korg:

Back up all your Pattern and Song data via SmartMedia or MIDI before you update your Operating System! Refer to page 77 (SmartMedia) or page 82 (MIDI) of the EMX-1 Owner’s Manual for more information.
And, as always, - never, ever turn off the power while updating your unit.

What you will need:

1) A completely blank SmartMedia card, freshly formatted using the EMX-1

2) A SmartMedia reader/writer attached to your computer

Updating the Operating System:

1) In the downloaded folder EMXV0104, you will find three Operating System files:
EMX0104F.BFA / EMX0104N.BSA / EMX0100D.BDA

2) Copy these three files directly onto the SmartMedia. The files must not be copied while inside of a folder, or placed inside a folder on the SmartMedia. We refer to this as copying to the “root directory”. Be sure you copy the files to this root directory level.

3) Turn off the EMX-1, and set the Master Volume all the way down

4) Remove the SmartMedia card from your computer and place it into the EMX-1

5) While holding down both the [Cursor up] and [Cursor down] arrow keys, turn the power on.

6) When the “SysVerUp…Sure?” message appears in the display, press the blinking START/PAUSE key. (Press the STOP key to cancel).

7) The EMX-1 will begin updating the operating system automatically. The 16 step keys will light up in order to show the progress of the update. When the update is complete, the EMX-1 may instruct you to restart the the unit.

Enjoy your updated ELECTRIBE MX ! Very Happy
pep4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I can know the current operating system of my korg?
Thanzs!
kanenas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pep4

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=176381#176381
pep4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very thanzs! Smile. one question more..... Which is the advantage of the new system?
kanenas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pep4

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=292112#292112
pep4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jajajaja, sorry,I did not see it , Embarassed
trancemax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Ver 1.04 indeed is the latest OS update for EMX-1. I purchased mine on October 2009. In fact i dint know how to check the OS version of my EMX untill yesterday [30 Jan 2010] (after reading through these posts).

The version number on mine read like this:

Flash: - 01.04.00
N-sys: - 01.04.00
DSP: - 01.00.00
USER: - 01.00.00
PCM: - 01.01.00

So it should be safe to update the OS to 1.04. Very Happy
Plenescence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Update worked for me Reply with quote

I bought a used Electribe MX last week which had v1.03. Yesterday I downloaded the .zip package and installed the new OS. The three OS files in the package occupy 3.4 MB, and there's a .doc file containing the instructions which kanenas quoted in an earlier post.

The installation is really easy. It seemed that only 1 (Nand System) of the 5 components needed updating on my machine, so the installation was completed in less than 5 seconds, and the machine was fine after powering up again. I now have the same configuration as trancemax listed in the previous post.

To summarise, while this OS update isn't a big deal in terms of features, it certainly appears to be legitimate and easy to perform.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: