Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Radias USB / Midi Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Predator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Korg Radias USB / Midi Question Reply with quote

Hi, Just bought a Korg Radias, love the machine..
I also used the editor via midi no problems so far.
My question is: can you use the Radias only via USB, so no midi connection, cause if I don't connect the midi cables I cant same to use the software editor even if I switch it to USB only.

Basicly I just want to know if you can use the Radias in Cubase 5 with USB only (midi wize only Smile)

Thnx
DjRavix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me Guess ...
You have A Intel Q6600 ???

I Know about the Problem with Cubase / Korg USB / Q6600
It's A weird thing but most Korg Gear Connected on USB Crash Cubase
(Mostly Cubase Crashes when you shut down Cubase with your Korg gear still turned on)
If you have an Other CPU there seems to be no Problem
Audio HW:
828MK3, 61SL MKII, Virus, AirFX, iNano, M1 Active Mk2
Audio SW:
Cubase 5.5.1, Sound Set Synthesizers, HALion Symphonic Orchestra, The Grand 3, HALion Sonic, KLC-AE07, Predator, SubBoomBass, RP-Verb, VPS: MBSC, VPS:Metrum, FF Bundle, VES1, VTS1, Oxford Inflator, Sylenth1, Z3TA+, VMS:MBC, RP-Delay
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Radias USB / Midi Question Reply with quote

Predator wrote:
Hi, Just bought a Korg Radias, love the machine..
I also used the editor via midi no problems so far.
My question is: can you use the Radias only via USB, so no midi connection, cause if I don't connect the midi cables I cant same to use the software editor even if I switch it to USB only.

Basicly I just want to know if you can use the Radias in Cubase 5 with USB only (midi wize only Smile)

Thnx

if you're running windows, make sure that you relate the driver to the device using the utility in start > Programs > KORG > USB-MIDI Driver > Install Korg USB MIDI Device, select the Radias and hit 'Install'.

Then, in the editor, you need to set the preferences to that the input is 'Radias Kbd/Knob' and the output is 'Radias Sound'.

The 'Radias MIDI In' and 'Radias MIDI Out' ports allow you to address the output and input ports on the radias separately, thus turning your Radias into a USB/MIDI interface too, both ways Smile

In short, it should work with just USB, I've never had any problems with it and i use it connected to my PC or my Mac without any MIDI connections in a sequencing or programming situation.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Predator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thanx for the quick reply Smile

DjRavix wrote:
Let me Guess ...
You have A Intel Q6600 ???

Yes I do Shocked But my cubase doesn't crash, but its getting kinda messy with all the USB devices I have connected, Virus Ti, Nord G2, and now the Radias, and I've a Motu 128 midi device connected also.

X-Trade wrote:

if you're running windows, make sure that you relate the driver to the device using the utility in start > Programs > KORG > USB-MIDI Driver > Install Korg USB MIDI Device, select the Radias and hit 'Install'.

Gonna give it a try and let you know if thats the solution Smile thnx!
Predator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Radias USB / Midi Question Reply with quote

Ok got it working... had to un-install the drivers and re-install and it showed up in the preferences.. at first it didn't that was the problem.. Wink

Thnx for the advice

Nordrack 1 - Nord G2 - Virus Ti - Korg Z1 - Korg Radias - Korg MS2000r (for sale) - JP8080 - JD 990 - JV2080 - TR 909 - MKS50 + Pg300

Cubase 5 - Ableton Live 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: