Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP----Easy Questions about KP3!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarRoh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: HELP----Easy Questions about KP3!!! Reply with quote

I got my kp3 and all i chan play is Syn1-10 (though 9-10 sound rong...) drn 1-6 loop 8-9 (8 soudn scrathy and 9 is soooo quiet) and md 10-11(these soudn scrathy too) right know ive hooked up my korg to my headphones and there are so may soudns but i can bearly play a quarter of them, is this normal? and why does it sometimes sound so scrathy? please help! (got it on amazon) All the beats jump from right speaker 2 left 2right... and echo...?

PS: I hooked up usb 2 cable 2 usb on computer but my mac wont recognize it?...
radiatesky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the sound coming in through the audio inputs, or are you trying to do it via usb? If usb, why? Having trouble visualizing your setup.
salamanderanagram

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an EQ isn't going to make sound on it's own. neither is an LFO. if you don't understand that it's probably better to learn about what yr buying before wasting the money.
radiatesky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god. I didn't realize that he hadn't hooked up any audio into the thing... nice pickup salalamacardiogram or whatever that is Wink Dude... it is an fx box, hook up some audio going into it... even your ipod... you'll see.
OscarRoh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have hooekd it up to my computer through the usb2 but my computer wont recognze it and there is no programm for it so it will, so i guess i need ti buy the cables for the line ins to get sound right?
salamanderanagram

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude i'm not sure what you're trying to do but i am quite sure that you're not going to get any audio into or out of the kp3 using a usb cable. that's for midi. instead of randomly plugging things in and pushing buttons you should read the manual.
TrondC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. to have the KP3 output sounds for the EQ and other programs, it will need a sound source, such as an instrument, cd-player, computer, iPod etc.

2. Audio is fed to the KP3 through Audio cables, they shoud fit into the audio in inputs or the microphone input of the KP3

3. if the unit still makes no sound after feeding a sound source, it is broken, but most likely, you can only hear the programs you mention because theese are sounds generatet within the KP3 itself, while all the other programs are effects that need a sound source to build upon.

did you read the manual or gather any info about the unit before you bought it?

www.myspace.com/SiestaSubmarina
http://siestasubmarina.bandcamp.com
OscarRoh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my freind has the small kaoss board and i thought that the kp3 is just the same "thing" but with more options, so i just stick in my ipod snd it randomly takes music out nd puts it on my kp3?
i mean i have 12 days of music and i doint think its all gonna fit, yes i read the manual but i guess the kp3 plays yours music and you then can then change sounds while it plays your fav track? im confused...
salamanderanagram

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, no offense but you're really not making any sense. at all. do you have any music gear? or any understanding whatsoever about how to route audio cables? it's really not complicated.

read the f*ck*ng manual. you say you did but there is absolutely no way i can believe that. read it again, this time pay attention.

for example, there is a graphic on page 8 and another on page 9 showing simple setups using the kp3.

http://www.korguksupport.co.uk/upload/KP3_OM_EFG1.pdf
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a KP3, not an MP3 player. d'oh! You can't load 12 days of music on it. However, you can continuously sample and use the effects on it for as many days as you can stay awake. I suggest drinking a lot of coffee, but you'll probably need meth, crack, or some stronger stimulants to stay awake past 72 hours. The KP3 has lots of pretty lights. I'm pretty sure that Michael Jackson's doctor is available to help you get some rest after your marathon KP3 session. Smile
OscarRoh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have a cd mixer, dj mixer or turntable!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretend that an MP3 player or iPod is like a CD player without a CD.
salamanderanagram

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly what were you planning on plugging this into when you bought it?
OscarRoh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my anus
TrondC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarRoh wrote:
my anus

now this thread took an unexpected turn Wink

to be honest, it doesn't seem like you have researched enough before you bought the KP3. it's primary function is to take an external sound source, and apply effects (delay, reverb etc) in real time, but nothing of this is stored within the KP3 memory, you need to plug in the sound source (cd-player, mp3 player, winamp etc) every time you want to use the effect . Yes, it can sample, but 72 hours is a whole different league. try 72 seconds, tops. if the KP3 could sample 72 hours of music (and store it) it would have cost the same as a small car, so forget that.

I know it can be frustrating to find out that gear does not work the way you thought it would, this is especially true when you're new to the game. However, the manual is well written (and a very easy manual to read compared to, say Roland gear), and it should provide enough information about what the KP3 can and can't do, what you need to make it do the things you want it to, connections etc.

in short, I, like everyone else in this thread, can't understand exactly what you're trying to do. Most likely, you want to manipulate music (that's what it's for). The KP3 will not store more than a couple of 5-10 second loops, tops, in it's internal memory. you can save some more with the card you can buy, but you can't excpect it to store more than one or two songs total.

Now, you say your friend had the "smaller" kaoss pad, do you know if this is the Kaoss pad 1, Kaoss pad 2 or the Mini-KP? they are similar, but have their differences. none can store much music, but this is not the function of the kaoss pads.

your best bet is to save short clips of the music you want to manipulate and trigger them to re-arrange/remix/change /make your own music with the KP3. also, go to youtube and search for kaoss pad 3 or kp3, there are TONS of very good videos that explain how to use it, tips and tricks etc in a way that theese written words could never do.

good luck on your quest Smile

www.myspace.com/SiestaSubmarina
http://siestasubmarina.bandcamp.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: