Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sample play til end

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: sample play til end Reply with quote

surely there's a way that i can set a sample up to play through to its end without then having to have it looping and repeating? i dont want to have to need to keep my finger on a sample (something textural for instance that is lasts 10 seconds or so) for it to play through to it's end.....seems to me the only playback options are gate (sample plays as long as im pressing the sample's key on keyboard) or loop (repeating....)....
annoying shortfall if it's true....
surely something in the os update could give an option where you can hold the LOOP HOLD button, but not have the 'loop' button/parameter activated for the sample, and then hit the sample on keyboard, that would just make the sample play through to end once? must be an easy fix....
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to either sample as a ONE SHOT, or go into the sample menu and whack the decay and release all the way up to 127.
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers, ive only had it a couple of hours, just been learning it with mic samples and the rom bank so i've not been too precious about the one-shot/loop/gate etc settings when ive sampled so far. i just noticed i couldnt do what i wanted with the rom samples.....
ive got a sp-404 and you can change those setting after you sample with dedicated buttons, doesnt seem to be the case on then microsampler, not even in any menu...OS update suggestion?
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 'real' modes are LOOP and GATE and there's a button for switching between the two. ONE SHOT is just another form of gate with the decay and release turned up. The sampler just sets these parameters automatically when you select the sampling type dial so you don't have to fanny about with menus etc. Everytihg like that is editable from the SAMPLE menu (apart, as has already been pointed out, there's no attack setting, which there should be).
BeeGee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadVolume wrote:
You need to either sample as a ONE SHOT, or go into the sample menu and whack the decay and release all the way up to 127.

Wow, is it that simple... I've been searching for hours to figure this out... Cool
KORG M1 => retired!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: