Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I save things on the triton extreme?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amystika

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: How do I save things on the triton extreme? Reply with quote

So I've been learning how to sample with my Triton extreme, but i cant seem to find a way to make them save so that when i turn off the power and back on i still have them...

I have a flash drive but it doesn't seem to be working..

the same goes for sequences i make.. how do I save those?

can someone please help me?
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need a compact flash card,this slots in the back of the Extreme and you can save all your data(samples,seqs etc) via the "media" mode button,once you've done this you also have the option to save this data to and From a PC,either via a CF card reader or transfer them via USB connection to anf from the Extreme.(you'll need to have a CF card inserted first before you can use the USB connection to the Extreme and your computer as the Computer will need to see the CF card),you can then simply read the Tritons CF as an external hard drive on your PC and be able to drag and drop files between them,this is a quick and easy way to save and transfer sample data easily

You can also use the USB connections to read and write to and from external Drives,but you need to make sure the Triton can support certain external devices first and dependant on your needs and what drives the Extreme can support may be a more costly option

A Compact Flash card may be your best and easiest(possibly cheaper) option.not sure what the largest CF card the Extreme can support,I've got a 1Gb card in my Ex
Amystika

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: a Reply with quote

The problem is.. I have a 4 gb flash drive and it wont save...

I've recorded sequences and went up and pressed the save button, only to reload my sequence and it not be there

than sometimes, it'll load the new song name, but there wont be any music with it, all my tracks will be erased..

is there simply something I am doing wrong?
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you formatted the card on the Triton prior to trying to save on it???you should format the card on the Triton prior to using it to make it compatible or it may not read/write correctly.

Is the data actually being saved onto it,after you saved it,is the file showing on the screen that its on the disk??

I would also check that the Extreme is able to use/Read/Format a 4Gb card,don't quote me on this but I'm sure that Triton Ex cannot use anything larger than 2 Gb

Korg may have a list of compatible makes and size cards
Amystika

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: a Reply with quote

Thank you for a quick reply

and that may be the problem, my flash drive is a 4 gb

but just incase, could you please give me steps on formatting
the flash drive to make it compatible

much much appreciated.
Amystika

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: a Reply with quote

can anyone give me steps to format a flash card to be able to save things to it from the triton?

does it need formatted as a FAT

or FAT32 or something different??
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton itself might be able to format it; go into Media Mode, probably to the Utility menu, and see what options you have.
Amystika

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: So Reply with quote

So Im able to save my sequences now

but when I reload them, it doesnt save the specific instrument I use for each different part of the sequence?

What do i do so that wheni load, it loads all the patches i used aswell?
Amystika

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: asdf Reply with quote

Anyone got an answer to this last question?
hand solo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you assigned the sample to an OSC in your program? that has tripped me up before.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using small (512 Meg) up to 2gig usb data keys with no problems. You may be hitting a glitch because the TREX is trying to see ALL the data before giving you access. The last 'media' screen looks for your storage devices and depending on the size of the available data takes a bit of time (up to about two minutes) to SCAN DEVICE and sort through all the data. It will give you a list similar to the windows explorer side bar with small icons for useable files including .SNG. Non-korg stuff just registers as "unreadable" with no crash or hanging.

As to cost - got a 2 gig key for $10 at Office Depot the other week, can't complain there. You could probably store most of the Forum's Download section on a single key - talk about a nice resource for studio work!

Bill Baker

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: