Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with nanokey and cubase 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elbaroco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Problem with nanokey and cubase 5 Reply with quote

Hi,

Equipment :
macbook pro
midi interface MOTU Lite
cubase 5

Problem :
Nanokey shows up in audio & midi configuration panel, along with motu interface and external synths.
when hitting a key midi in led is moving on cubase, midi out led is inactive, midi interface is not showing out midi signal, therefore no sound is coming out.

Any idea ?

Thanks
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any tracks that are actually sending MIDI anywhere? I'm only up to Cubase 4, but the MIDI settings for each track should let you pick both your input and your output. The output will probably default to some kind of system device (on Windows, it'll default to Microsoft MIDI Mapper or something like that); you'll have to explicitly set it to your MOTU if you want the MIDI data from your nanoKey to actually end up at the MOTU.
elbaroco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a track with some notes inside allready set, when I click on these note they play on the external synth and the midi out led is movins as well as the designated midi port on the motu, but as far as the keyboard goes no midi out signal when I play.

In the audio & midi setup window (osx) I see the motu and the nanokey but they are not connected to one another is that normal ?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point that Kanthos was trying to make is that you have to make the connection yourself, in cubase.
you do this by creating a MIDI track whose input is the nanokey, and output is the synth.

i'm not sure but that track may also have to be monitored/record enabled.

AFAIK there is no native mac or cubase feature that allows you to automatically route between MIDI devices. This is handled by software and not the OS
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: