Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie wants to slice/chop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moontom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: newbie wants to slice/chop Reply with quote

this is probably really obvious but....didn't see it covered yet in the forum.

I haven't been able to chop a loop into its parts (to create a kit) at all.

I sample the rhythm just fine. no matter if it's loop mode, key gate mode, or autonext, I can't get it to actually chop and spread the results across the keyboard. so easy on the ESX electribe.

is this accomplished via sampling or REsampling?
what is the best timing setting for this? (alas, it seems Korg didn't do its usual great job explaining the various time settings in the manual...)

thanks in advance for yr patience and insights.

tm
3sleeves

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best way I've found (in my opinion) is to sample your rhythm, then re-sample in Key Gate mode. You will have to manually press and hold the keys you want the chops to go to and be fairly precise, but there are fewer settings to worry about (like sample bpm, pattern bpm, time signature, measure count, etc.). You could also import the sample into the librarian software and copy/paste/edit your chops fairly quick and easy. Auto Next mode is sort of a pain to get working efficiently for me, mostly because my sampled drum loops are rarely ever as precise as a metronome. If it could auto-detect attack points (like Boss samplers' Auto Chop feature) then it might be more practical. Maybe I'm just not using the MS as Korg intended though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: