Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Mastering Trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Voice Mastering Trouble Reply with quote

I'm a terrible singer. When I was younger (and a soprano) I could sing amazingly. My voice has since dropped to an alto level, and I can no longer sing.

I'm trying to fix some of my voice using computers.

Does anyone know of some good AUs/VSTIs for vocal correction? So far I've tried using Auto Tune, but I notice almost no difference on a level that's supposed to sound natural, and when I turn it up I get the T-pain effect.

Also, any AUs/VSTIs for the 'airy' effect seen in artists such as Owl City or Daft Punk on the song 'Something About Us'?

Also, as a side question for vocalists out there, my voice isn't amazing but neither is it terrible- can your voice be improved to a decent level with vocal lessons, our are you really stuck with what you have?

Thanks in advance.
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, about your first question this one will work for you... http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=products_plugin
regards, Lorenzo
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice Mastering Trouble Reply with quote

tpantano wrote:
I'm a terrible singer. When I was younger (and a soprano) I could sing amazingly. My voice has since dropped to an alto level, and I can no longer sing.

I'm trying to fix some of my voice using computers.

Does anyone know of some good AUs/VSTIs for vocal correction? So far I've tried using Auto Tune, but I notice almost no difference on a level that's supposed to sound natural, and when I turn it up I get the T-pain effect.

Also, as a side question for vocalists out there, my voice isn't amazing but neither is it terrible- can your voice be improved to a decent level with vocal lessons, our are you really stuck with what you have?

Auto Tune and Melodyne are industry standard pitch-correction applications. You need to learn and understand them well, before you start getting good results. There's a combination of multiple settings that makes the program to improve a problem. There's no perfect preset, because every pitch is different. Also, the more pitchy you get, the harder is to make a problem sound natural.

As far as vocal lessons:
Vocal lessons will help a singer to be more accurate as far as hitting the notes. With proper practice you would usually expand your singing range too, and you'll have more control over your voice and much more...but the tone of your voice will not change by much. Voice is just like any other instrument. You can tune it and shape it and all that, but you can't change the timbre coming out of your vocal cords. It is what it is. By the way having a voice in Alto range is not bad at all. Why don't you just change the key of the song by few half steps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: