Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg uk claims 64 bit drivers work on zero4/8 with some...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I think I need to clear up a little confusion that I may have caused here. I think I may have slightly misunderstood the theme of the post with so many points being made and there may have been some confusion over saying the driver was already done....

Our existing driver has been found to work on Windows 7, as stated over 3 months ago but we do recognise that there are other variables to consider if people are still having trouble on their computers such as firewire chipsets, bluetooth/wi-fi interference, etc.

We are always trying to work on improving the situation for you guys out there on this forum, we do try to resolve what we can.

So to clarify there is no new driver coming in the immediate future and I was referring to the diver currently available working in our tests.

Mike
Okkie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mike,

Well, at least you return to our comments - that's something positive already (didn't manage ever before, even not with direct e-mail many many times - still got the e-mail reference numbers if you like).

You convinced me that several factors could influence behaviour of the firewire bus. Therefore I bought myself a new PC with Core-I7 CPU and Asus P6T mainboard with VIA onboard 1394 chipset, loads of RAM, etc.

With a only fresh installed Win7-64 bit, V1.10 Korg firewire drivers as well as latest updated Ableton, still no success. Tested all possible settings (took me days) but still experience continuous lag on the firewire bus. Highly dissapointing.

So if I use it over 3 PC''s with different HW, clean setups and many different settings, I don't know what to do any longer....

any further suggestion would help me, even advised 1394 chipset info might be worth another investment...

Mischa
driverdj2000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just built my own system with a core i7 and windows 7 ultimate.
the zero4 barely runs on it but theres so many issues with it its not worth the effort.
so im still using my xp 32bit laptop with it for now.lets hope my laptop dosent fail me or im screwed.in a few yrs 32 bit pcs will be a thing of the past.
so what then? buy a new mixer?
for f*ck sake korg-just make the drivers and show a bit of respect to the people who shelled out on the zero mixers.
ill never touch another korg product again.
i love my zero4 but korg hasnt released a driver or firmware update for these mixers in nearly 2 years.
ridicuolus!!!!
Graviton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep me neither, I'm thinking of blending mine..
dj Royal Tee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uktechsupport wrote:
Hi Guys

I think I need to clear up a little confusion that I may have caused here. I think I may have slightly misunderstood the theme of the post with so many points being made and there may have been some confusion over saying the driver was already done....

Our existing driver has been found to work on Windows 7, as stated over 3 months ago but we do recognise that there are other variables to consider if people are still having trouble on their computers such as firewire chipsets, bluetooth/wi-fi interference, etc.

We are always trying to work on improving the situation for you guys out there on this forum, we do try to resolve what we can.

So to clarify there is no new driver coming in the immediate future and I was referring to the diver currently available working in our tests.

Mike
Really?
Well I think it's FOS that it works on Win 7.
You know why?
BECAUSE IT DOESN'T!!!

Don't fluff the fact and patronize the DJ's who have shelled their hard earned money with a pipe dream w/ some BS about "variables"
It's 2010, we know about variables and such so spare us the BS.

"We are always trying to work on improving the situation for you guys out there on this forum, we do try to resolve what we can."

Really!?
The fact that a full 64bit OS has already come and gone and there are still no drivers? BS!
I doubt anyone is working to improve our situation.

I will NEVER buy another KORG product for the rest of my life.
Hows that for improving the situation!?

I emplore everyone w/ a ZERO 4 or 8 to do the same.

and Please, only reply w/a 64bit driver ...

Thanx
intricate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llavoe wrote:
So Mike,

Your USB Midi Driver will support Korg Zero in Windows 7 64?

Will it support 44.1kHz?

Is it going to make the 1.11 version look like a BETA?

You are not very clear on how Zero users should update their mixers....

Might sound like a nOOb question, as i'm getting my zero 4 tomorrow, but what use does a usb-midi driver have when the zero 4 is firewire?
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I no longer work for Korg UK so cannot comment further on this issue. Please contact Korg for further clarification on this.

Thanks

Mike

Ex Korg UK Technical Support 2002 - 2010

Forum Moderator since 2011

When Words Fail, Music Speaks
intricate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just received my zero 4.

In stallen 1.60 firmware and 1.10 firewire drivers in admin mode, then used zero4edit form my timecode.

And works great with traktor scratch pro running on windows 7 64bit (for now).
As i'm new to this mixer and haven't run into any problems, except timecode audio input through channel 1 couldn't be linked through the soundcard, i did get timecode signal when cd/line was selected, but not when audio,audio/midi or midi was selected.
I then connected my timecode input channels on 3 and 4, and then selected deck a + b in traktor to be timecode controlled.

I can controll 4 decks at the same timeand no pops or clicks to be heard @44.1 KHz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: