Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One way to record...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3sleeves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: One way to record... Reply with quote

I've been starting to record longer jam sessions on the MS with the pattern sequencer by setting the tempo very slow (about 65bpm or less) and setting the number of measures very high. With the quantize and metronome turned off it doesn't matter if I stick to the time signature so my only concern is starting at the very beginning of the pattern. I can record a good chunk of live jam time that can be controlled by the pattern knob and start button, but I do have to keep an eye on the measure count occasionally so there aren't any awkward transitions. I can focus more on FX this way though. Currently the MS is running through my SP-505 which adds 26 more FX and 3 more knobs, then into my Behringer mixer with 99 multiFX controllable with 3 knobs (if mono just 2 knobs). This is a handy gig setup as it all fits into one bag (including Nintendo DS, Stylophone, and Loop Station pedal) and only uses 3 power outlets (2 if MS is running on battery power).

What kind of rigs do you guys use? What kinds of music do you record/perform? I'm interested to see how much variety there is in this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: