Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noob wrecks his kids' tracks - help needed, please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaveyDavey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Noob wrecks his kids' tracks - help needed, please! Reply with quote

Guys - I need some quick help. Before I get lynched!

I'm newer than new to this, but my kids have gotten a half decent band together. I bought an old Korg D12 on eBay to record some of their songs, but it came with a manual that's got half the pages missing...

The problem I've got is hiss. Absolutely GALLONS of it. I think I made a massive error right at the start, in setting the faders too high when the various tracks were recorded. So it's too late - and I have to tell the kids to start again (I'm gonna be SO popular).

And the reason for my post is this: is there a Noobs guide to the very first, very basic principles of multitracking anywhere? I've looked around this forum, but my knowledge is so limited that a lot of this goes way over my head.

Appreciate any help/links...

Thanks
Dave
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Noob wrecks his kids' tracks - help needed, please! Reply with quote

WaveyDavey wrote:
Guys - I need some quick help. Before I get lynched!

I'm newer than new to this, but my kids have gotten a half decent band together. I bought an old Korg D12 on eBay to record some of their songs, but it came with a manual that's got half the pages missing...

The problem I've got is hiss. Absolutely GALLONS of it. I think I made a massive error right at the start, in setting the faders too high when the various tracks were recorded. So it's too late - and I have to tell the kids to start again (I'm gonna be SO popular).

And the reason for my post is this: is there a Noobs guide to the very first, very basic principles of multitracking anywhere? I've looked around this forum, but my knowledge is so limited that a lot of this goes way over my head.

Appreciate any help/links...

Thanks
Dave

The first rule of recording Audio is: GIGO otherwise known as "Garbage in , Garbage out"!

oK, e-mail me one of the tracks that you did. And I'll comment on it.

sam_madoo@yahoo.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: