Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soundiver 3.1.0 Public Beta Working on Mac OS X G4-PPC!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triton Lounger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Soundiver 3.1.0 Public Beta Working on Mac OS X G4-PPC!! Reply with quote

Just thought I'd share ......

I just happen to have my old usb XSkey left over from Logic Pro 7.2 and found that I could run SoundDiver 3.1.0 on a spare G4 powerbook 1.33. This version of SDiver is not Intel compatible due to its age, and development has been long discontinued once Apple acquired Emagic.

From what I've read SoundDiver 3.1.0 was made available Logic Pro users so long as the XSkey is inserted. The demo was to timeout after 182 days, but I've heard that was not the case if used with the XS key, so we'll see if that's truly the case. If it times out in 181 days then I'll be like Face palm

Anyways its nice to have the older Korg gear under Editor Librarian control again, which I've been without since switching over to macs a few years ago. The TR-Racks are the worst and are not editable without some form of librarian software. It originally shipped with a special version of the Trinity Rack SoundDiver editor in 98'.

So if you have a spare PPC mac g4 or g5, and used Logic Pro when it was using the usb XSkey and haven't given it away ect......and have older Korg gear that doesn't have a Editor/Librarian....and dont want to spend $$$ on some other librarian software you just might want to give it a try...

http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/emagic/
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Great cue, thanks!! While i was there, i downloaded LogicPro6.4.3. I kinda miss the old eMagic look of Logic. And boy, the app only takes 29Mb of RAM!!! Quite a lot less than LP9. But it's a bit buggy on 10.4.11...Try changing something in the metronome page and the app crash.

Blink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: