Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARO introduces the first M3 libraries, KEP1M364 & KEP2M
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterJung-IKT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: KARO introduces the first M3 libraries, KEP1M364 & KEP2M Reply with quote

Dear all,

We at KARO are proud to present our first M3 libraries. Having started with sound design for the OASYS in 2006 we decided to start adapting several of our well-known OASYS libaries to the marvellous KORG M3.

And today we would like to make a small Christmas present to all KORG M3 users seeking new sounds: We ported our KEP1 and KEP2 electric and electronic piano libraries to the M3. The new KEP1M364 contains Rhodes Mk1 and Rhodes Mk2 sounds as well as sounds of the YAMAHA GS-1 vintage synthesizer. The new KEP2M364 complements these sounds by our Wurlitzer and YAMAHA CP-70 sounds.

Both libraries do not require any memory extension, we succeeded in fitting the sounds in the pre-installed 64 MB of RAM being available in the RAM1 bank of the M3.

Both the KEP1M364 and the KEP2M364 will be available for download in the coming days, each for only 29 EUR. Moreover, we will provide a couple of feature demos in MP3 format.

We hope that you will like our KEP1M364 and KEP2M364 libraries.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Best wishes,
Peter
mikeyd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter:

Need the website address so that we can check it out.
EWBR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by EWBR on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
rockfeller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: KARO introduces the first M3 libraries, KEP1M364 & K Reply with quote

Hello

I have the pa2x keyboard. It has 128 mb Ram memory. I need a good Wulitzer sound. The pa2x is able to load files in KMP and KSF format, but don't recognise KSC format. Do you think that I can load the multisamples into my pa2x and than create programs by myself?

In the past I succesfully loaded multisamples when there was a folder (containing KSF files) and KMP file with the same name as the folder.

Which formats does the new version of KEP2 (KEP2M364) contain? Are there KMP and KSF too?

Kind Regards
EWBR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: KARO introduces the first M3 libraries, KEP1M364 & K Reply with quote

Last edited by EWBR on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
medusaland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: KARO introduces the first M3 libraries, KEP1M364 & K Reply with quote

rockfeller wrote:
Hello

I have the pa2x keyboard. It has 128 mb Ram memory. I need a good Wulitzer sound. The pa2x is able to load files in KMP and KSF format, but don't recognise KSC format. Do you think that I can load the multisamples into my pa2x and than create programs by myself?

In the past I succesfully loaded multisamples when there was a folder (containing KSF files) and KMP file with the same name as the folder.

Which formats does the new version of KEP2 (KEP2M364) contain? Are there KMP and KSF too?

Kind Regards

Hi,

yes for shure.., you can load the M3 multisample and create your own programs Wink

Regards,

Kurt

http://www.karo-sounds.com
EWBR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by EWBR on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter and Guido,

I listened to the demos and they are very nice. According to your documentation (the PDF file), when the Programs are loaded, there are many variants all with the same name and loaded to the same location in Program Bank User-B, for example:

Rhodes MK1 contains:
00 Karo E. Piano 1
01 Karo E. Piano 2
02 Karo E. Piano 3
03 Karo E. Piano 4
04 Karo E. Piano 5

Rhodes MK2 contains:
00 Karo E. Piano 1
01 Karo E. Piano 2
02 Karo E. Piano 3
03 Karo E. Piano 4
04 Karo E. Piano 5

Wurlitzer contains:
00 Karo E. Piano 1
01 Karo E. Piano 2
02 Karo E. Piano 3
03 Karo E. Piano 4
04 Karo E. Piano 5

Please forgive me for saying this, but if I purchase your sound expansions then I would expect the name of each of the programs to be distinct and meaningful, and I would expect to be be able to load all the programs simultaneously so they do not overwrite each other. It's your job as the designer to ensure that all Programs can be loaded at the same time by providing suitable PCG files. I would not expect to have to do this editing etc myself.

Thanks,
Rob
PeterJung-IKT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
Peter and Guido,

I listened to the demos and they are very nice. According to your documentation (the PDF file), when the Programs are loaded, there are many variants all with the same name and loaded to the same location in Program Bank User-B, for example:

Rhodes MK1 contains:
00 Karo E. Piano 1
01 Karo E. Piano 2
02 Karo E. Piano 3
03 Karo E. Piano 4
04 Karo E. Piano 5

Rhodes MK2 contains:
00 Karo E. Piano 1
01 Karo E. Piano 2
02 Karo E. Piano 3
03 Karo E. Piano 4
04 Karo E. Piano 5

Wurlitzer contains:
00 Karo E. Piano 1
01 Karo E. Piano 2
02 Karo E. Piano 3
03 Karo E. Piano 4
04 Karo E. Piano 5

Please forgive me for saying this, but if I purchase your sound expansions then I would expect the name of each of the programs to be distinct and meaningful, and I would expect to be be able to load all the programs simultaneously so they do not overwrite each other. It's your job as the designer to ensure that all Programs can be loaded at the same time by providing suitable PCG files. I would not expect to have to do this editing etc myself.

Thanks,
Rob

Dear Rob,

I am gald to read that you like the demos and I hope that you will also like the sounds. Regarding the names you mentioned, I would just like to explain that we re-used the original names of the OASYS libs which are also using the samples we have in the KORG M3. So, please forgive us for not being very innovative in the invention of names.

Of course, we will be glad to follow any advice you may have on the sounds' names. Maybe, you will share your thoughts with us.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and to all our customers.

Best wishes,
Peter
PeterJung-IKT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterJung-IKT wrote:
Rob Sherratt wrote:
Peter and Guido,

Rhodes MK1 contains:
00 Karo E. Piano 1
01 Karo E. Piano 2
02 Karo E. Piano 3
03 Karo E. Piano 4
04 Karo E. Piano 5

Rhodes MK2 contains:
00 Karo E. Piano 1
01 Karo E. Piano 2
02 Karo E. Piano 3
03 Karo E. Piano 4
04 Karo E. Piano 5

Wurlitzer contains:
00 Karo E. Piano 1
01 Karo E. Piano 2
02 Karo E. Piano 3
03 Karo E. Piano 4
04 Karo E. Piano 5

Thanks,
Rob

Dear Rob,

I am gald to read that you like the demos and I hope that you will also like the sounds. Regarding the names you mentioned, I would just like to explain that we re-used the original names of the OASYS libs which are also using the samples we have in the KORG M3. So, please forgive us for not being very innovative in the invention of names.

Of course, we will be glad to follow any advice you may have on the sounds' names. Maybe, you will share your thoughts with us.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and to all our customers.

Best wishes,
Peter

Sorry, maybe one more thing that I forgot: The PCG sounds should not overwrite themselves. KEP1M364 consists, however, of three separate PCG files, just like the KARO KEP1 OASYS lib does. First, we have RHODES1.PCG (our Mk2) which loads the RHODES1.KSC and samples. Then, there is RHODES2.PCG (our Mk1) which corresponds to the loading of the RHODES2.KSC and samples. Finally, there is GS_1.PCG which corresponds to the GS_1.KSC and samples. Each of the three sample sets requires 64 MB of RAM. So, if you use KEP1M364, you can either play the Mk1, or the Mk2 or the GS_1 if you do not have any RAM extension.

In the case of the KEP2M364, there is the CP_70.PCG and the WURLI.PCG which correspond to sample sets also being approx. 64 MB each.

If you load any of these five PCG files, it will load into User Bank B, so you will only loose those sounds that you have stored in User Band B, previously. Of course, you can load also single sounds of the whole PCG to any location in the KORG M3 you like. I am sure you know how this works. Please let me know in the case you find problems with the loading of the PCG.

Anyway, if you wish, the KEP1M364 consists of three separate libraries and the KEP2M364 consists of two separate libraries Smile. Of course, we discussed to disclose every part of the KEP1M364 and the KEP2M364 separately. However, we believe that you and all other M3 users will be fond of having a more complete set.

If you wish, we will be happy to provide a single set of all three libs for M3 users with 320 MB RAM that will load all parts of e.g. the KEP1M364 or all parts of the KEP2M364 at the same time. Then, there would also be an update of the names, of course.

Best wishes,
Peter
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

I think the Program names should be something like:

Rhodes1 var 1
Rhodes1 var 2
etc

Rhodes2 var 1
Rhodes2 var 2
etc

Wurlitzer var 1
Wurlitzer var 2
etc

GS1 var 1
GS1 var 2
etc

Ideally you should explain what each variant does. e.g Var 1 = Room reverb, Var 2 = Hall reverb, Var 3 = Chorus, Var 4 = Rotary speaker or whatever.

Then if you want my other suggestion, I think you should provide:

a) one set of different PCG's for people with 64 Mb RAM (in which case they make a choice of which PCG they load), \

b) another PCG that loads all the Programs and samples from KEP1M364 (192 Mbytes)

c) another PCG that loads all the programs and samples from KEP2M364 (128 Mbytes)

d) a final PCG that loads all programs and samples from both KEP1M364 and KEP2M364 (320 Mbytes).

If you can do this, I will buy both sets !

Best regards,
Rob
PeterJung-IKT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

for your convenience, I would like to show the contents of the two libraries, KEP1M364 and KEP2M364. Let's begin with the KEP1M364:

You can see the three folders which contain the samples as well as the three PCG files. In addition, you find the sequencer files which contain the songs that you find as MP3 on the KARO web page.

The KEP2M364 contents look like this:

There are two samples folders and the two PCG and the two sequencer files.

Oh, by the way, I would like to announce that we plan to release a grand piano lib which will contain a Bösendorder and a Steinway grand piano. Again, the samples of each grand piano will fit into the 64 MB of the regular KORG M3. Below, find the contents of the KGP1M364:

So, there will be more to come in January.

Merry Christmas, everybody.

Best wishes,
Peter
PeterJung-IKT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
Hi Peter,

I think the Program names should be something like:

Rhodes1 var 1
Rhodes1 var 2
etc

Rhodes2 var 1
Rhodes2 var 2
etc

Wurlitzer var 1
Wurlitzer var 2
etc

GS1 var 1
GS1 var 2
etc

Ideally you should explain what each variant does. e.g Var 1 = Room reverb, Var 2 = Hall reverb, Var 3 = Chorus, Var 4 = Rotary speaker or whatever.

Then if you want my other suggestion, I think you should provide:

a) one set of different PCG's for people with 64 Mb RAM (in which case they make a choice of which PCG they load), \

b) another PCG that loads all the Programs and samples from KEP1M364 (192 Mbytes)

c) another PCG that loads all the programs and samples from KEP2M364 (128 Mbytes)

d) a final PCG that loads all programs and samples from both KEP1M364 and KEP2M364 (320 Mbytes).

If you can do this, I will buy both sets !

Best regards,
Rob

Dear Rob,

very good, thank you very much for your valuable suggestions. We will discuss them and get back to you ASAP.

Bests,
Peter
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations KARO!!!! Cool So happy that you've begun the M3 endeavor!! Welcome to this side of the forum! Smile

puravida
Dj
medusaland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate Dj wrote:
Congratulations KARO!!!! Cool So happy that you've begun the M3 endeavor!! Welcome to this side of the forum! Smile

puravida
Dj

Hi DJ,

yes.., Welcome to our M3-Sounds libraries Cool

Bests,

Kurt

http://www.karo-sounds.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: