Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg XL midi channel setting help for Pro Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
looebay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Microkorg XL midi channel setting help for Pro Tools Reply with quote

Don't get technical with me here, I'm thick ok!

Problem is I can't seem to assign a selected sound to a midi channel to then record on Pro Tools, or to be more accurate I can select one sound, give it a midi channel and record in Pro Tools and have play back successfully, But the problem starts from here, I now want to add a different sound from the micro korg to record on Pro Tools, once I select the sound and assign a different midi channel on the korg it then affects the original sound. I cant get the korg to retain the original channel setting, Once I select a new sound that new sound overrides everything.

Pro Tools is set so each midi is assigned an IN and OUT channel that corresponds with the Korg midi channel and all that seems to be working correctly
The problem seems to be at the Korg end what ever sound you choose even if you assign it to separate midi channels that sound will play all other parts on all other channels

What am I doing wrong? I have seemingly followed the instructions to the letter but the same thing keeps happening.

Can anyone tell me in ‘layman’s terms’ how to assign different sounds to different channels on my Korg so I can use it with my Pro Tools

I'm using it via USB, and yes I have downloaded the microkorg xl driver and installed it .....please help a thicko in distress!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: