Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

setting up the microsampler with a padkontrol?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim from texas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: setting up the microsampler with a padkontrol? Reply with quote

has anyone tried doing this yet? it seems like a fantastic idea but i read somewhere on here that the midi stuff for the microsampler sucks and no one has really dug in yet... it would have been a great idea for korg to make their accessories have an easy set up function/keystroke to go with their hardware...

anyone tried it?
jbl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greetings from sp-forums.

yeah it works like a charm and you can set up the knobs to control effects. you're still back forth though with sampling and patterns. but it's a nice combo, for sure.

oh and just like the sp-404 all buttons/keys are fixed so thats's one thing that keeps it from being a good midi board for your software.
tim from texas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dammet jbl i almost shouted you out in my post and figured you wouldnt know who i was! haha i saw your posts on here and was proud of the sp blood on this site... way to go dropping knowledge homie...

thanks for the reply... the micro sampler seems kinda cool and cooler if you can hook it up to pads... im trying to find more info on hooking it up to a midi controller since i havent ever messed with midi at all (connection wise)... if youve found anything on the microsampler will you bless me with a link?
jbl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know about links, just download the manual. one thing is, i'm no midi master myself but with a little research, common sense, and help from forums like these you can feel your way to the light switch (if you get my meaning).
anyway here are the basics:
there are sixteen midi channels, so technically up to this many devices (or voices) can be controlled. there are 128 parts to each channel. for the pads to connect to the ms-1, you need to tune into the right channel and get the parts to match. again it's really easy. you can also set the velocity on both pieces of gear, which can really be tweaked to your liking.
tim from texas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so based on what ive seen in the demos it looks like one of the sample modes will let you press say 16 piano keys then sample.. when you record the sample is broken up over those 16 keys.. is it as simple as doing that and then your sample is now spread over the 16 pads on the controller? or does a lot of saving and moving of samples have to happen in order to play the sample in a pattern?

does it even really make sense to do it this way or is it a lot of work for nothing?

s**t i should just download the manual
benedictjohnson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: MICROSAMPLER + PAD KONTROL Reply with quote

I bought a MicroSampler yesterday. Wretched thing made me tear my hair out for about half a day until I figured out it's way of thinking and now it's great fun!

My plan is to use the Microsampler as a laptop/Ableton Live replacement. I want to use the 16 pads as Pattern Sequencer triggers. The XY pad would be perfect for controlling effects, like an onboard Kaosspad.

However, I've never paid attention to a MIDI IMPLEMENTATION CHART in my life so I don't have a clue what to do Sad

Can you guys help me out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: