Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help, 1st time recording - logic express/presonus FB/imac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackacc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: help, 1st time recording - logic express/presonus FB/imac Reply with quote

I just bought logic express 9 for my iMac and want to make sure I am hooking things up correctly to record my microkorg XL. I'd like to be able to record the stock sounds of the XL but also use midi.

I understand that to use midi, I can just plug the XL into the iMac with a USB cable and that will work. However, I was originally going to just run 1/4 in, into my Presonus Firebox to record the keyboard's stock sounds...this is what I did on my old mac book in GB using the presonus and it worked great.

Can I have the XL hooked up both ways? The 1/4 in cables from the XL to the Presonus Firebox into the firewire port, AND the USB from the XL to the iMac? I did not want to mess anything up.

I just did not know if the sound would come out or if I want to lay down midi, I just use the USB and if I want to record stock XL sounds direct, then just use the 1/4 in into the firebox?

Any help is appreciated, this is new territory to me, I never used midi before.
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: