Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PX5D Sound Editor AND linux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oceanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: PX5D Sound Editor AND linux Reply with quote

Hi to everyone.
I use my new PX5D with linux; i'm able to record new tracks using audacity (and a RT kernel) without any troubles.
I also tried to use the Sound Editor; i installed it using wine, and it seemed to work correctly, but obiouvsly it wasn't able to recognise the korg device; so i used the JACK audio server trying to recognise the korg as a midi device, but this attempt was unsuccessful.
May someone help me??

thanks in advance
Paolo

p.s. i wonder why korg provides software and drivers for win and mac, and not for linux... :/ Sad
fredo78

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! have you found a solution for running the sound editor on Linux ? Same for me here, the USB Audio part of the PX5D works like a charm with Jack under Linux, but I also tried to run the Sound Editor with Wine, it runs, but ALSA/Jack can't seem to recognize the PX5D as a Midi device, thus it's not seen in Wine either... I tried installing the drivers in Wine, but Wine can't seem to run any administrator-privilege-requiring apps, such as a driver install... no luck. Keep on searching...
fredo78

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, great news, USB Midi for the Pandora PX5D will be working on Linux in the next kernel version, 3.0! I've been able to test the patch from the ALSA mailing list, and got the Sound Editor working via Wine with no problems (it uses midi to communicate with the Pandora). You can even send midi notes to control the drum machine. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: