Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M1 Piano sounds for my Triton Classic??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musikman007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: M1 Piano sounds for my Triton Classic?? Reply with quote

Hi folks!

I have a quick question that I am hoping someone can answer for me.

To get to the point quickly, I own a Triton Classic and really, really wanted to somehow be able to play the M1 "Piano" sounds on my Triton Classic.

I there any way I can do that? Is there a way that I can somehow download the M1 Piano sounds from somewhere, insert the floppy into my Triton and get the M1 sounds playing on the Triton??

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I have searched the web for quite some time now and I have not been able to find an answer. Sad

Many thanks in advanced!!! Smile
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I remember you already have the M1 Piano sound on your Triton. It's a factory preset sound.

Have a look, it should be there.

Sharp.
musikman007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked already but I don't believe that the Triton comes with the M1 piano sounds already preloaded.

I'm actually looking for a specific M1 piano sound... I believe is the "Piano 16" sound which I'm pretty certain the Triton does not have. Sad

The M1's Piano 16 has a very distinct "mallet" sounding piano which I REALLY need to emulate a specific type/style of music... Merengue to be precise that the Triton just does not reproduce.

Any idea?

Thanks!!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I just checked the manual for your keyboard and you do indeed have the multisample. It's located at 001 and it's called A.Piano-M1

So if you assign that to the existing piano, you should be 95% of the way there. A few tweaks and you will have the same sound.

Also check out COMBI C87 Layered M1 Piano.

Regards
Sharp
musikman007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hummm... interesting! But which bank is the 001 located in? A,B,C,D or G?

I will also check that Combi# you just gave me!

Thanks for trying to help me out! Very Happy
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But which bank is the 001 located in? A,B,C,D or G?

None, it's a multisample.
Select your default Piano sound in Prog mode and press Menu, followed by the OSC page on the screen. Then assign multisample 001 to the OSC.

If OSC 2 is in use, do the same to that one also.

Regards
Sharp.
musikman007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I just tried that.... selected 001 Acoustic Piano in the "G" bank, then pressed the "Menu" button and it brought me to the Menu screen but I did not see an OSC page in the menu screen... this is what I saw instead:

PROG --> GM Prog Bank (G bank) --> 001 Acoustic Piano --> Menu:

P0-Play
P1-Edit/Basic
P2-Edit/Pitch
P3-Edit/Filter
P4-Edit/Amp
P5-Edit/Common LFO
P7-Edit/Arpeggiator
P8-Edit/Insert Effect
P9-Edit/Master Effect

But no OSC option... ?? Sad

Any idea??

Also... Combi C87 does say M1 Layered Piano... tried messing around with the settings in that Combi# but am not getting that M1 Piano 16 sound.

Sorry if I'm making this difficult Sad but I'm sure there's a way to get that M1 Piano 16 sound on my Triton... I think I just don't know the right steps to achieve what I'm looking for.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="musikman007"]OK I just tried that.... selected 001 Acoustic Piano in the "G" bank, then pressed the "Menu" button and it brought me to the Menu screen but I did not see an OSC page in the menu screen... this is what I saw instead:

PROG --> GM Prog Bank (G bank) --> 001 Acoustic Piano --> Menu:

P0-Play
P1-Edit/Basic - should be in THIS menu... then click the OSC tab at the bottom, i believe.
musikman007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, OK... I figured it out... it's:

PROG --> Acoustic Piano (Bank A) --> Menu --> P1-Edit/Basic --> OSC Basic Tab --> OSC Multisample --> OSC 1 --> 001 Piano M1.

However, it sounds a little "tinny" not like the actual M1 Piano 16 sound which sounds much "thicker" and fuller. In fact, I already have a Program based on the above steps and was actually trying to see if there was a way to get the actual M1 Piano 16 sound loaded on my Triton.

I know, I know... I'm being picky, but the "actual" M1 Piano 16 sound is what I'm looking for and that is the reason I posted on this board.

I thought maybe there was a way to somehow load the actual M1 Piano 16 sound. I did sound for a band not too long ago and the piano player had the same Triton as mine and had what seemed to be the actual M1 Piano 16 sound loaded in his Triton... MAN! I should've gotten the guy's phone# so that he could hook me up with the program. Sad
musikman007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gargamel... that's exactly what I did, but as I noted before, that IS what I have done and is the "closest" I can get to the M1 Piano 16 sound but it isn't quite it. Sad

Close... but not quite the same sound... funny how the Triton is so much more superior to the M1 and here I am trying to get a simple M1 sound. Sad lol
musikman007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now... this might sound stupid... but isn't there a way I can get the "actual" M1 Piano 16 sound loaded into my Triton from somewhere????

Don't get me wrong... I really, really appreciate all your help guys, but I think the only way to get the sound I'm looking for would be to get the actual M1 Piano Waveform loaded on my Triton somehow. Question
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might misunderstand because you don't understand the patch structure of workstations like the M1 and tritons.

you have the multisamples, which are the actual recordings of instruments. But you never play them directly, you just select a program that uses them.

The program starts from that multisample but applies filtering (like EQ), routes through effects, changes volume and sometimes layers in other samples or switches samples depending on velocity. modulates the pitch, shapes the sound with the envelope etc.

There are few piano samples in the M1 I believe. And the triton already has the main one that the M1 would use to make that M1 piano sound.

The triton cannot load M1 programs because the M1 synth engine uses a different set of parameters to the triton. Just like you cannot load Trinity, M3, or OASYS programs into eachother. What you would have to do is look at the settings for that particular program on the M1, and do your best to copy/approximate those settings on the Triton, starting from a similar or an initialised program.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musikman007 wrote:
Thanks Gargamel... that's exactly what I did, but as I noted before, that IS what I have done and is the "closest" I can get to the M1 Piano 16 sound but it isn't quite it. Sad

Close... but not quite the same sound... funny how the Triton is so much more superior to the M1 and here I am trying to get a simple M1 sound. Sad lol

The problem is, that piano program was tailor-made for the Triton's main piano sample, and what you need is a program tailor-made for the M1 piano sample.

See if you can find the Triton Extreme's PCG file. You'll find an M1 Piano sound preset in Bank A. That's probably the closest thing you can find. You may need to reassign the OSC to call up the right multisample.

I know what you are going through, I tried really hard to recreate the 01/W's piano sound using a sound sampled straight from an 01/Wfd. But the HI synth engine's parameters use different scalings than the AI-based synth engines, and it's very hard to recreate one from the other. I couldn't quite get the program to respond right. If all else fails, I can send you the parameters from the M3's M1 Piano program. The parameters should match up with the Triton's pretty closely. The Waveform is exactly the same as in the M1, it's the PROGRAM that's the culprit.

Found this on my PC - it's an old Triton Extreme preload file - http://www.mediafire.com/file/yv2qwiwznmd/CURRENT.PCG - most of the patches will be useless, just look for the M1 piano program.
musikman007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade.. thanks for breaking that down for me, and you're right... I didn't understand the Patch structure and their differences. Maybe I thought it was much simpler than that, and I say this because as I mentioned before, I did sound for a band at a club one time, and the piano player had an awesome M1 Piano 16 program in his Triton. But again.. thanks for breaking that down for me. Smile

Gargamel... if it's not too much trouble, I would really appreciate if you could send me the parameters from the M3's M1 Piano program that you have. Maybe I can take a look at it and compare it to my Triton. Smile

I'm also going to see if I can get my hands on the M1 parameters for the M1 Piano 16 program. I'm sure there's an online manual for the Korg M1 somewhere..... Confused

Last edited by musikman007 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took pictures of the screens from my M3 and posted them in this file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2aqzcz2zaym/M1PianoParameters.zip

sorry about the size of it, I did it quickly and then just zipped them into a file I could upload.

just copy all the program parameters from that into an initialized Triton program. There's a few things that are different in the Triton vs the M3... a few stray parameters located in different pages, stuff like that, but you shouldn't have too much trouble. Hopefully it will give you the sound you want.

There's something funny in the AMS parameters... (like on page P3-1 Filter) The M3 will show +20 under Start level, the Triton will show a + - 0 and then a separate Intensity (you just plug in the number there). And the M3 will have a few parameters that the Triton won't have, but they probably won't be anything important.

You might have better luck opening the Triton Extreme's preload data and finding the program in bank A though... again that's here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yv2qwiwznmd/CURRENT.PCG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: