Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st Mac
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
metallo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my first mac, Imac 27 inches, quad-core 3.4GH i7, 16Gb ram and 3 Tera fusion drive.

Can't wait to use it, will be in my hands next week.

I used cubase 5 till now on my window 7 laptop, what DAW you would suggest me? I need it for my personal home studio but I will use to record my band too.
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metallo wrote:
Just got my first mac, Imac 27 inches, quad-core 3.4GH i7, 16Gb ram and 3 Tera fusion drive.

Can't wait to use it, will be in my hands next week.

I used cubase 5 till now on my window 7 laptop, what DAW you would suggest me? I need it for my personal home studio but I will use to record my band too.

Keep using Cubase 5 (or upgrade to 7) if you're happy with it, install on your Mac. You should be able to move all your existing projects from your PC into Cubase on the Mac - just copy the whole project folder over.

I've been with Logic since 1988 (when it was called Notator) and it's still my DAW of choice. I have tried Pro Tools, Sonar and Cubase but none of them feel as comfortable to me as Logic does.
Current Korg apparatus: MicroStation, MicroKorg, MicroSampler, WaveDrum, Trinity V3, M1REX, Wavestation SR, X5DR, Original Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 controller, iMS-20, DS-10 Plus x2, ELECTRIBE Rhythm Mk ll, iELECTRIBE, Kaossilator, padKONTROL, MicroKONTROL, NanoKey, NanoKontrol, Stage Echo SE-300
metallo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got Logic pro X and it looks very powerful, still haven't gone in the details but it looks to me a very valid alternative to cubase.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want it if only for stacks!
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sleep mode disabled on mine as well....It was really bad news if I had a protools session open I was working on and came back from a break and it was in sleep mode....My DSP cards would lose connection from the rack units and I'd have to shut Protools down and restart before it would recognize the rack units again....If I didn't save the project before I left on break, I was screwed in one of 2 ways....I would either NOT SAVE when I shut the project down and lose any data I worked on since the last save or I would SAVE before shutting the project down which would save the data but also save it not seeing any rack units....That meant when I reopened the project it would be in aggregate mode and I'd have to reassign the rack units which also meant reassigning the audio ins and outs for the project.....Either way it's much easier to just turn sleep mode off and be done with it.....I agree if your just using the mac on it's own, it shouldn't pose much of a problem....moon
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: