Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV1 Editor Problems
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigalan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: SV1 Editor Problems Reply with quote

Excellent!! I spotted that in the manual too. Thank you. However, I have just loaded the software, and I can only get the "backup" tab in the editor. Doesn't seem to transfer from the SV1. When plugging in the USB, I can see "sv1" pop up so the computer is recognizing, but once I fire up the editor software, I am getting nothing but the backup any. Anyone else experience this?
Narfig

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to install the Korg USB driver. If you go to the device manager and under sound, video and game controllers it should say KORG SV-1. If it just says SV-1 it's the Windows generic driver. Update the device driver and point it at the KORG USB-MIDI Driver directory in your \program files directory. Or remove it, turn off the SV-1 and re-run the set up program.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narfig wrote:
You need to install the Korg USB driver. If you go to the device manager and under sound, video and game controllers it should say KORG SV-1. If it just says SV-1 it's the Windows generic driver. Update the device driver and point it at the KORG USB-MIDI Driver directory in your \program files directory. Or remove it, turn off the SV-1 and re-run the set up program.

actually, for the KORG USB-MIDI Driver they give you a utility to stop you from having to update the driver manually.
you just register the driver with the device using Start > Programs > KORG > KORG USB-MIDI > Install KORG USB-MIDI Device
...or something along those lines...

you will likely need to re-run this step if you ever plug it into a different port, just like printer drivers.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
craigalan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Thanks to both of you. Will try this ASAP once I get home tonight. I will let you know.
craigalan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade,

Well done my friend. Can't believe I missed that. Fully operational now.

p.s. great forum. will definitely use again and recommend to others.
fragletrollet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He guys, I just got the 88 key version. But im having problems with the editor just like the original poster. I have tried to reinstall several times, following the exact tips given here and in the help file; to no luck. I have tried different USB ports.

In Device manager it shows up as "KORG SV-1", but when opening the editor I just get to the backup page.

Any tips?
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fragletrollet wrote:
He guys, I just got the 88 key version. But im having problems with the editor just like the original poster. I have tried to reinstall several times, following the exact tips given here and in the help file; to no luck. I have tried different USB ports.

In Device manager it shows up as "KORG SV-1", but when opening the editor I just get to the backup page.

Any tips?

It sounds like you hit the 10 device limit built into Windows. Here's an awesome explanation and workaround of this Windows "feature" ( Smile ) by our good friends at RME:

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support_techinfo.php?page=content/support/en_support_faq_10entryd

After you've followed those instructions to clean out your registry, repeat the steps outlined above for getting the driver installed properly. Please let us know if that takes care of things.

Best regards,

Korg USA Product Support

facebookTwitterYouTube
fragletrollet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!
Thanks alot for the reply. I read through the RME site, but I am still unsecure on what files to delete in the registry.

On the path that it is pointed to on the RME site (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32) there is no entry that signifies relevance to the SV-1; when searching for "KORG" in the registry editor, I do find several entries of "KORG SV-1" and "KORG SV-1 EDITOR", but none in the original folder pointed to.

So what file should I delete?

Looking forward to your response Smile
michael japan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: SV1 editor not functioning Reply with quote

fragletrollet wrote:
Hey!
Thanks alot for the reply. I read through the RME site, but I am still unsecure on what files to delete in the registry.

On the path that it is pointed to on the RME site (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32) there is no entry that signifies relevance to the SV-1; when searching for "KORG" in the registry editor, I do find several entries of "KORG SV-1" and "KORG SV-1 EDITOR", but none in the original folder pointed to.

So what file should I delete?

Looking forward to your response Smile

did you ever get this working. I just spent close to 2 hours and 2 different computers and tried all of the suggestions except for messing with the registry. Would really appreciate help.
fragletrollet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!

No, I didnt Mad I have tried all the different USB ports on my computer, to no success. Tried reinstalling all drivers and editor, flashed the OS of the SV-1, all to no success. Im wondering why I have this problem, and if it would go away with a different computer.

Sorry, not much help from here...
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fragletrollet wrote:
Hey there!

No, I didnt Mad I have tried all the different USB ports on my computer, to no success. Tried reinstalling all drivers and editor, flashed the OS of the SV-1, all to no success. Im wondering why I have this problem, and if it would go away with a different computer.

Sorry, not much help from here...

Hey,

I'm terribly sorry for the delay in getting back to you. You're going to want to look at your MIDI entry list (MIDI thru MIDI9) in the section of the registry outlined on the RME site and clean it out by deleting redundant entries (wdmaud.drv being the likely culprit). After deleting a few of the redundant entries, repeat the "Install Korg USB-MIDI Device" process with your SV-1 connected and that should take care of it.

Best regards,

Korg USA Product Support

facebookTwitterYouTube
fragletrollet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!
Thanks for the feedback. I am still uncertain on what values that are to be deleted in the regeditor. Would you mind taking a look on the attached screenshot and give me a pointer? There are alot of "wdmaud.drv" , and I dont want to delete the wrong stuff and f*ck up my os.

Thanks again, cant wait to be able to open the editor (the inbuilt limiter is kind of bugging me)

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9550/screenshotrs.jpg
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you delete the wrong MIDI entries all it means is that you'll need to reinstall the drivers next time you plug in the related device. Probably not a good idea to go deleting the entries that aren't MIDI entries though I might point out.

Do you actually have 10 USB-MIDI devices? If not then I wouldn't worry. Id keep the BCR driver in if you are using the BCR2000. I assume that's the Behringer device?

You're not actually deleting any files either, you're just removing the entry that says that MIDI Driver x on the system uses this file. The problem is that windows can only have 10 MIDI drivers, and your system is filled up with the standard windows ones.

Every time you plug a USB-MIDI in a different port it will require a new driver entry, so that can quickly get clogged up in some situations where the drivers don't go in properly the 1st time.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
fragletrollet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I deleted all the "wdmaud.drv" files except the BCF2000 (yeah its the behringer one Smile) and finally IT WORKED!

Im so happy for all the help, at last I can use my instrument to its fullest potential. Thanks again!
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fragletrollet wrote:
So I deleted all the "wdmaud.drv" files except the BCF2000 (yeah its the behringer one Smile) and finally IT WORKED!

Im so happy for all the help, at last I can use my instrument to its fullest potential. Thanks again!

Not a problem - happy to help. Enjoy!

Best regards,

Korg USA Product Support

facebookTwitterYouTube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: