Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't buy Microsampler until next firmware upgrade.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kh4os

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Don't buy Microsampler until next firmware upgrade. Reply with quote

There are a lot of bad things in this first firmware.
Take a look to this forum.
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that Rolling Eyes but yes you do have a point.. Confused

Last edited by lloydsmith on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure i'd agree, you could still get some use out of it and get creative, but i agree, this is one piece of hardware that needs an update URGENTLY. it doesnt seem to have been tested in a practical sense by anyone other than the beatboxers in the promo video, ha.....
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG marketing needs a serious overhaul.

Beatboxing is the least impressive way to show off what this thing is/or should I say COULD be capable of.
kh4os

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Write them an email, i did it Reply with quote

support@korgusa.com
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man this again??? Yes we all know there are some issues with it but the microSampler is not a complete dud, it's just overly priced for what you get...that's all. If it was about say $50 less than an electribe then trust me you'd be quite happy with it. microSampler is just overly priced and so when you invest 5 bills into this you want 5 bills worth of gear out of it and that is not what you are getting. There is some cool features here that are not present in the electribes. However there important things not here that the electribe has and thus makes it a better sampler all around. If you combine the ESX with a KP3 you get the best sampling package all around.

for the microSampler to be cool there needs to be a huge price drop.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Conkrete

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a handy sampler, decent MIDI controller (natural touch keys are nice), and worth every penny when combined with the software and a creative mind. If you want a full fledged sampling workstation for $500 brand new you're dreaming anyway. This thing is probably one good, if not the most, convenient samplers on the market in this price range. Personally, I never felt comfortable using any of the Electribes though...so different strokes for different folks.
On a side note, my BOSS DR670 can control the MS pretty well and adds functioning "flam" and "roll" controls (and velocity sensitive pads), which make this beast more comparable to an SP404 now.
Bottom line, don't buy this if you're not willing to adapt to a new piece of gear...or buy it, learn it, and enjoy the new dimension it brings to your sampling process.

And yes, KORG USA marketing sucks balls. Japanese beatboxers who like cheesy sh*t are poor representatives for this product. They should have made the ROM bank erasable because IT IS LAME!!!
CLiFfBangA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not da Maschine !!!! It's Da FOOL Behind IT!!! I'm most positive that Korg will come out with your update v.i.a download from them to you , then you can send the update from your computer to your ms1 ,thats what MIDI is for too!!! I know my MAC will be able to do it , I don't know about you microSOFT dudes!! but I love my ms1 connect a dope drum machine to it , and it's a rap! this machine is THE GREATEST beat making/portable since the damn ASR 10 , I love it this is basically a mini ASR 10 , I'm doing great with it! plus you can use it to control any softwear of external midis you want! so it's not the ms1 IT's YOU!!!!!!
kh4os

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RemEmber this to all people who want to buy a MS
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... where do you see Korg USA marketing the MS-1 with beatboxers? You're mistaking other parts of the world with the US, I think.

Question

Regards,

Jerry
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's irrelevant which division of KORG we are talking about - the consumer doesn't really care after all. Personally - when I check out Youtube & I see offical MS videos I read the product from that - regardless of the country it has been made in/marketed for.

Additionally - presets rightly or wrongly also lend their flavour to the product.. and as ALL the beats are of the huffin 'n' puffin variety - that flavour is beatbox. Wink
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Ummm... where do you see Korg USA marketing the MS-1 with beatboxers? You're mistaking other parts of the world with the US, I think.

Question

Regards,

Jerry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7a2aZk7nZE

1:40

just sayin Razz

I personally don't own the ms but after watching many videos on youtube, when I think of the MS, I think of beatboxing, even if they weren't all meant for US markets. For example, the only live demonstration I remember watching was a beatboxer, speaking english.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iMiGrUyUSY
alright, so it was UK marketing after all, but in this internet age any marketing in English feels towards me.
kday

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: The MicroSampler Toy Reply with quote

Now that Korg know that people are interested in a sampling keyboard they should come out with a full fledge 61 key sampling keyboard and make more money selling this great keyboard invention to the world.

Korg's next move will be the Micro Sampler XL that will give you one more new minor feature when they finish getting everybody to buy this first little one.
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes - but the XL will be missing one or two Microsampler features so you have to buy BOTH.. Laughing
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lloydsmith wrote:
yes - but the XL will be missing one or two Microsampler features so you have to buy BOTH.. Laughing

Then, when they release the Diamatar and its little cousin D3, the D3 will be missing a few ROM samples that the MicroSampler XL has but everyone will still say its better
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: